Department Manager- General Merchandise (Full-time)-Texas A&M University located in the Memorial Student Center
Company: Barnes & Noble Education
Location: College Station
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other
uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Our
stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology,
and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a
college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs.
A Department Manager should be a resource for all departments, a
model for customer service, a driver for sales, and a skillful
As a Department Manager inGeneral Merchandiseyou will support all
store operations and departments in partnership with the management
team. You will manage daily activities of the selling floor to
ensure the appeal of our displays and the availability of
merchandise. General Merchandise is a high energy, multi-faceted
department where your adaptability, creativity, customer service,
listening, and problem solving skills will be exercised.You must be
knowledgeable about department and store operations, and provide
outstanding customer service to the academic and co-curricular
community while being part of a company that is consistently rated
as a great place to work - and where employees love what they
- Maintain a presence on the sales floorand a working knowledge
of all departments to greet customers, answer questions, recommend
products and/or services, help locate or obtain materials,
andprovide daily support, direction, and guidance to
- Ability to use department specific technology such as CORE or
Intrepidto answer questions, recommend products, place orders,
locateitems, search inventory,or meet customer needs.
- Maintain an appealing and clean sales floorhang, fold, shelve,
peg merchandise to a particular standard using a planogram or
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments.
- Full-timepositions require availability to work at least 30
hours on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to
meet the needs of the store.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
- 2+ years experience in a retail setting as a manager or buyer
preferred or a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, College Station , Department Manager- General Merchandise (Full-time)-Texas A&M University located in the Memorial Student Center, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!