Outside Sales Representative- College Station, TX
Location: College Station
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company:US0067 Sysco Houston (Division of USA I)Zip
Code:77038Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage:Up to 25%JOB SUMMARY
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the
company's products and services and for building relationships with
new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco
customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals
established by the company. This position often requires working
non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) to
successfully meet customers' needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential
duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize
lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special
objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects following company account
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products
and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers,
based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and
competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with
customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product use.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions,
company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary,
working with the credit department and client; collect all balances
due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the
transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur
during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special
order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits,
and customer events.
- Attend and participate in general sales and district
- Engage in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special
order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets
and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits, and
pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5
years of Foodservice sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality,
or Culinary Arts preferred.
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management
experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing,
Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Previous Sysco experience preferred.
- Restaurant management / chef experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including
no multiple DUIs within the last 2 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of
liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each
accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
CompetenciesTo be successful in this position, the individual
performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by
this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be
reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.BENEFITS
INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, College Station , Outside Sales Representative- College Station, TX, Sales , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!