Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Our Automation team in College Station, Texas is expanding and
we are looking for Automation Technicians to provide technical and
operational support, execution of projects and improvements,
installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas, LLC automation systems to
meet organizational goals and objectives. This position will also
work closely with other operators, technicians and engineers to
maintain complex systems. External US Essential Functions
- Support automation personnel in daily activities and
- Perform small and medium electrical and electronic task with
- Installing PVC conduit, EMT/Aluminum conduit, transformers,
pulling and terminating wiring, installing panels, VFD's and
- Provide support on a daily basis on building management
systems, data historian and process control systems.
- Capable of building controls cabinets, such installing din
rails, wire ways, terminal blocks, breakers, power supplies and
- Able to use tools to repair, install and troubleshoot
automation infrastructure, instrumentation, valve, devices and
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and
ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable laws,
regulations and industry codes.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with cGMP practices
utilized in bulk drug filling, gene therapy and vaccine/viral
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Support other project activities as required. Required Skills &
- Conduit bending and treading.
- Understand automation protocols like HART, Foundation Fieldbus,
Traditional I/O, Profibus, Ethernet I/P, OPC and Modbus
- Knowledge with programmable logic controllers, configuration,
troubleshooting and operation.
- Support departmental documentation generation and
- Capable to use, read and understand blue prints, drawings and
complex operational documentation.
- Reliable, self-motivated individual with positive attitude;
team-oriented with the ability to work with staff covering a
variety of roles.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to meet
tight timelines and shifting priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
and a strong attention to detail. Must be able to develop, draft
and correct preventative maintenance procedures for technical
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal
supervision in a schedule-driven, changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook,
and Power Point) and general computer knowledge.
- Desire to work in fast-paced, state of the art, alternately
research and customized manufacturing facility.Working Conditions &
Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping,
climbing and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
office equipment is required.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Travel time up to 10%.
- Support company manufacturing activities 24/7.
- Attendance is mandatory.Minimum Qualifications
- Journeyman Electrician or closely related field with three (3)
years of relevant automation engineering experience preferably in
the biotechnology /pharmaceutical industry.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with critical and non-critical utilities,
biotechnology equipment and complex pharmaceutical systems are a
plus.We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local law. If an accommodation to the application process is
needed, please email or call .
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Automation Technician, Professions , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!