Audio Video Technician
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPrimary Role:The Audio Video (AV) Technician is
responsible for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting audio
video systems and related equipment in accordance with the design
documents, manufacturer's specifications, and industry best
practices. He/she must be capable of reading and interpreting
project documentation such as scope of work, line drawings,
elevations, floor plans, bill of materials, etc. All work must meet
the highest quality standards set forth by Avinext and our clients,
while assuring a professional and safe work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of computers and understand networking
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Clean background and drug screenQualifications (preferred):
- Minimum two years' experience installing and troubleshooting AV
- Prior experience in commercial construction
- Ability to solder and crimp connectors of various typesJob
- Maintain professional attitude with emphasis on safety and
- Install, terminate, solder, label and test cables per plans and
- Hang, mount, rack, install, and rig equipment per plans and
- Install firmware, software, and updates on AV/IT devices
- Use multimeter, sound meter, signal generator and other testing
equipment to properly test, calibrate, and troubleshoot
- Build equipment racks
- Move product, equipment, and tools to and from job site
- Clean job site and remove trash daily
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and managing materials and
- Responsible for completing daily timesheets and job
- Complete training from manufacturers, industry associations,
and company as required
- Full compliance with safety programs of company and
- Other duties as assigned Pay: $20/hour and up. Benefits:Avinext
offers training and professional development to help you build your
career. Benefits include cell phone reimbursement, paid time off,
comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, 401k and profit
sharing. This is a full-time position with occassional overtime.
Most work is performed Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm with
occasional evening and weekend work. Some travel
required.Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, MS Office, and business
- Ability to plan, organize and implement skills which allow the
successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret business and
- Valid and current driver's license.Physical, Mental and
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Must be able to read color diagrams and drawings.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work from aerial lifts and
- Must be able to work in noisy and dusty environments.
- Frequent use of test equipment and power tools.This job
description does not list all of the duties of the job. You may be
asked by supervisors or management to perform other duties as an
Avinext employee. Avinext is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements,
and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, parental status, military service, status as an
individual with a disability or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Avinext, College Station , Audio Video Technician, Professions , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!