Company: Tempur Sealy International, Inc
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Iconic Brands. Storied History. Industry-leading Innovation.
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding
provider. The company develops, manufactures, markets and
distributes mattresses, adjustable bases, pillow and other sleep
and relaxation products in approximately 100 countries. Combining a
proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some
of the most highly recognized brands in the industry, including
Tempur -, Tempur-Pedic -, Sealy -, Sealy Posturepedic -, Optimum---
and Stearns & Foster -. Our comprehensive suite of bedding products
offers a variety of products to consumers across a broad range of
We recognize that our employees are our most important resource. As
such, we strive to treat each individual with respect and courtesy
and build an atmosphere characterized by strong teamwork, mutual
trust and open communication. We have an exciting opportunity for
an Inventory Coordinator at our Brenham, TX location.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
* Competitive Pay
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
* Disability and Life Company Paid
* 401k Plan with company match (no vesting period)
* Employee Purchase Discounts
* Employee Referral Bonus
Job Summary: Manage and control the levels of inventory in the
assembly plants, reducing the cost to carry inventory and meet the
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Maintain log sheets for inventory bin locations and make changes
in ERP System if necessary.
* Perform daily cycle counts of inventory items and make
adjustments in ERP System if necessary.
* Distribute daily scrap and substitution reports, then collect at
the end of production and make all necessary adjustments.
* Perform daily functions without any disruptions to
* Know and understand all 'Standard Operation Procedures'.
* Maintain a log book surrounding any changes, problems, shortages,
excess, and obsolescence of any inventory item.
* Maintain metrics regarding inventory for presenting to Senior
Management the gains or losses of inventory asset costs.
* Know the component items used in mattress/foundation production
and the degree of daily usage to be able to strategically locate on
the shop floor for easy access during production.
* Maintain min/max levels in ERP System based on historical usage
and peak season factors for system generated suggested orders.
* Work with area Supervisors and CI on Value Stream Mapping and
Inventory Layout and adherence.
* Root cause analysis of why unplanned substitutions are occurring
in the plant (i.e. can't find, in wrong area, vendor timing issues,
etc.) and forming corrective action plans with the Team.
* Root cause all PO vs actual inventory discrepancies including
work with Material Planners, Area Supervisors and other Inventory
Coordinators on corrective actions.
* Root cause and determine best practice standards on controllable
scrap materials for all operators.
* Maintains inventory of any off-site inventories at storage
locations or Exel.
* Inventory Days-Auditing, Data Entry, Support
* Perform Vendor PO verification to actuals including manual entry
of items not having scanning capability.
* Support Senior Financial Analysts with Vendor Invoice
* Conduct Direct Vendor communication with PO discrepancies,
shipments and updates.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following;
however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other
appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes
the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the
performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Communication Skills - Clearly articulates ideas and
* Team Player - Contributes effectively to team performance; does
own fair share and willingly supports others
* Problem Solving - the ability to work through details of a
situation to reach a solution
* Accountability & Initiative - Understands how personal role fits
into functional and company Adaptability & Resilience - Can
comfortably shift among multiple tasks and initiatives
* Business Acumen - Knows the industry and competition as it
relates to job function; Stays current with technical/functional
knowledge and developing trends
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in an inventory management
* Bedding/furniture industry experience preferred.
* Prior employment in inventory warehousing.
* Must have inventory management and control experience in
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs.
* Ability to learn quickly processes and procedures.
* Good quantitative aptitude skills.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Tempur Sealy International, Inc, College Station , Inventory Coordinator, Professions , Brenham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!