Lead Maintenance Tech - College Station
Company: Madera Companies
Location: College Station
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Job Details Description LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN POSITION
DESCRIPTION The purpose of this position description is to
communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the
position of LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. While the following
information should be considered a comprehensive description of
this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities
and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every associate is
expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is
consistent with fulfilling Madera Residential?s objectives. It is
imperative that you review these duties, skills and physical
requirements closely and that you understand that, by signing the
Position Description Acknowledgment, you are verifying that you can
perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical
abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described. JOB
BRIEF: Non-Exempt/Hourly ? Eligible for approved overtime. The LEAD
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN is responsible for maintaining the physical
integrity of the community at all times. This involves insuring a
safe, secure and comfortable living environment for clients,
visitors and staff. It is the LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN?S duty to
anticipate, identify and correct any and all problems involving the
community and to implement procedures that will prevent such
problems. An effective program of maintenance is essential in order
- Maintain a safe environment
- Cultivate client satisfaction
- Protect the investment of the apartment community owner
Qualifications DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Conducts all business in
accordance with company policies and procedures, as well as local,
state and federal laws; i.e., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc. CLIENT
- Performs maintenance tasks personally or delegates to
assistants. Oversees and occasionally inspects work performed by
other service staff.
- Institutes and manages system for handling client service
requests. Corrects situations within 24 hours when possible.
- Schedules service personnel in conjunction with Property
Manager so that service is available for emergency purposes, 24
hours a day, 7 days a week. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE/SAFETY
- Maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets
current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of
pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property
storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents,
flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Maintains an awareness of the condition of physical property
throughout the community and immediately corrects unsafe
conditions; i.e., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps,
open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, etc.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventive maintenance,
service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment
make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance of all
appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains
all tools in excellent condition.
- Indoctrinates and assists in development of all subordinate
service staff. Instills a ?safety first? attitude, not only with
service staff, but with all staff.
- Instructs staff on proper use and guidelines for wearing safety
- Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating same.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair
involving the following on a daily basis: Electrical and plumbing
(including water lines) A/C and heating systems Appliances (when
applicable) Water irrigation systems Stairs, gates, fences, patios,
railings Tile, carpet, flooring Roofing, gutters, fasteners
Interior/exterior lights Fireplaces, ceiling fans Gas fixtures and
appliances (where applicable) Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows,
sliding glass doors Boiler, gas and electric Door locks, mailboxes
and locks Security systems (where applicable) Ceiling leaks Walls
General carpentry Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture
Foundation, sidewalks, concrete Ice and snow removal
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (when applicable)
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable)
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, mailboxes and locks
- Security systems (where applicable)
- Ceiling leaks
- General carpentry
- Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Foundation, sidewalks, concrete
- Ice and snow removal
- Ensures that all make-ready repairs and services are completed
correctly and on schedule.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to the Property
Manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from
storage area to apartment (of vice versa) as circumstances warrant.
Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to
dumpster when necessary.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance
materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes,
sweeps, shovel as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Property Manager
or Regional Property Supervisor. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
- Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the
following physical activities: Bend/Stoop/Squat/Kneel Perform
routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and equipment.
- Bend/Stoop/Squat/Kneel Perform routine maintenance/repairs,
pick up tools and equipment.
- Climb Stairs Service requests, make-ready needs for 2nd and 3rd
- Push or Pull Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors,
- Reach Above Shoulders Perform routine maintenance/repairs,
stock and remove equipment, parts, etc.
- Climb Ladders Perform routine maintenance/repairs.
- Grasp/Grip/Turning Handle tools and equipment, perform routine
- Finger Dexterity Handle tools and equipment, perform routine
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the
following physical activities: Writing/Typing Inventory
maintenance, requisition requests, required maintenance
- Writing/Typing Inventory maintenance, requisition requests,
required maintenance reports
- Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.):
Over 150 pounds Rare Need (less than 1% of the time) 75-150 pounds
Occasional Need (1% to 33% of the time) 25-75 pounds Frequent Need
(33% to 66% of the time) 1-25 pounds Constant Need (66% to 100% of
- Over 150 pounds Rare Need (less than 1% of the time)
- 75-150 pounds Occasional Need (1% to 33% of the time)
- 25-75 pounds Frequent Need (33% to 66% of the time)
- 1-25 pounds Constant Need (66% to 100% of the time) NOTE:
Lifting and carrying weights exceeding 50 pounds is often
accomplished?with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of
heaviest items lifted include washers/dryers, refrigerators, A/C
units, abandoned sofas, etc. NOTE: VISION REQUIREMENTS
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to document maintenance
and complete forms, review manuals and operating instructions, read
cautionary labels, respond to written instructions from staff and
clients. Constant need to see small detail when performing routine
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly
beyond arm?s reach (oversee assistants, observe problems throughout
the community, etc.) HEARING REQUIREMENTS Constant need (66% to
100% of the time) to communicate with assistants, staff, vendors
and clients. Must use listening skills to diagnose needed repairs,
etc. SPEAKING REQUIREMENTS Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
to communicate with assistants, staff, vendors and clients. DRIVING
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal
transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from
vendors. Rotation ?On Call? status may occasionally require
expedient travel to assigned community at a moment?s notice. Pick
up and deliveries to the corporate office. Mileage and gas are not
- Must have valid driver?s license and vehicle insurance. WORKING
- Indoors (66% to 100% of the time); frequently outdoors in all
conditions (33% to 66% of the time), often for extended
- Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes,
flammables, pesticides, etc. (less than 1% to 33% of the time).
Example: apartments during/after make-ready.
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to work in awkward and
Keywords: Madera Companies, College Station , Lead Maintenance Tech - College Station, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!