Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2023
2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418Why Valmont -We're Here
to Move the World Forward.Valmont impacts millions of people around
the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our
technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the
world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing
connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable
future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing
agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to
make life better.Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard
work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on
creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce.
Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
- Responsible for testing and evaluation, with absolute
integrity, of products to ensure conformance to company and
- Makes decision in the area of codes (includes AWS D1.1) and
- Interprets reports for NDT and quality acceptance.
- Actively mentors Entry level NDT Inspectors, which includes
monitoring and documenting OJT progress
- Has the authority to reject material, stop work in process etc.
to minimize financial loss and risk of customer
- Works under production conditions with accurate performance and
completion of work within set time limits
- Accountable and responsible for essential tools and equipment
provided along with the maintenance of these tools, to include
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate
excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all
Valmont safety policies and procedures
- Maintain timely and consistent attendance
- This position reports to the Quality Supervisor and has no
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- A high awareness for safety at all times.
- High School diploma and 5+ years of work/educational experience
or Associates Degree with 2+ years' experience or Bachelor's
- 2 years' experience in fabricated steel environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations, including
conversion of fractions to decimals
- Ability to use basic measuring tools, such as tape measure,
calipers, fillet weld gauges, and levels (digital and conventional)
to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- Level II NDT certifications or be able to obtain Level II
certification within agreed upon time by Valmont
- Level II NACE certification
- Ability to operate NDT testing equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with plant employees, supervisors,
management and customers. -
- Ability to prioritize work in order to complete deadlines. Must
also be able to work through problem with the minimum amount of
assistance from the lead person or supervisor.
- Ability to work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time
result without errors.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and
OutlookValmont does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
-Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out
the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., College Station , NDT/NACE Inspector, Other , Brenham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!