Electromechanical Tech I
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2023
2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418Why Valmont -We're Here
to Move the World Forward.Valmont impacts millions of people around
the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our
technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the
world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing
connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable
future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing
agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to
make life better.Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard
work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on
creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce.
Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all plant and
- Performs some diagnosis, testing, disassembly, inspecting,
repair and re-assembly of plant equipment or components such as
hydraulic machines, presses, shears, (hydraulic, mechanical and
electrical), cranes, drill presses and components.
- Assists proper replacement and or adjustment of mechanical
clutches, drive trains, etc.
- Will require fabrication of fixtures (welding, cutting, brazing
and surface applications).
- Assists major and general repairs on all equipment. Incumbent
performs skilled and technical work in areas of installation,
maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment.
- Installs power distribution equipment, including high and low
- Installs all types of power distribution equipment including
switchgear, I-lines, bus ways, gutters, disconnects, conduits and
cables in accordance with National Electrical Code.
- . - Installs controllers and control equipment. - Incumbent
performs minor electrical functions which include installation and
repair of lighting, repair of small fixtures, appliances, welders,
wire feeders and motors, changing fuses and general house
- Performs electrical troubleshooting and repair on all plant and
- Trouble shoots pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical issues when
related to electrical problems.
- Types of equipment serviced include: cranes, lathes, drills,
presses, shears, high frequency induction equipment, and
distribution equipment. -
- Uses troubleshooting aids such as volt, ohm and amp meters,
etc. - Efficiently and safely performs service work with little or
- Checks machines for faulty wiring, excessively worn parts and
- Checks, diagnoses, and repairs failed electrical circuits, due
to component failures.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma.
- Math skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication,
- Able and willing to read and comprehend hydraulic, pneumatic
and mechanical schematics.
- Must know proper use of gauging equipment from .001 of an inch
up, dial indicators, micrometers, feeler gauges, etc
- Knows and understands mechanisms.
- Understands and applies standard mechanical procedures and
practices for repair and replacement of machine components.
- Understands and applies proper safety procedures when working
on equipment and machines.
- Understands and applies the proper rigging techniques when
using chains, slings, wire ropes, etc.
- Ability to weld, using both stick and MIG processes.
- Ability to use Band Saw, Plasma Cutter, Metal Shear and use a
- Must be capable of driving a forklift and operating a man
- Understands and follow work instructions.
- Diagnose and repair electrically operated equipment in an
- Make repairs in accordance to the National Electrical Code and
Valmont safety standards.
- Understand and comply with company procedures, policies, and
- Capable of working inside and outside and in all types of
climatic conditions throughout the year, with the majority being
inside.Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
-Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out
the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., College Station , Electromechanical Tech I, Other , Brenham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!