On Call - Banquet Server
Company: Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Location: College Station
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Purpose: * Set up assigned tables, retrieve and serve
alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables
according to hotel specifications and group requirements,
courteously and efficiently. Take beverage orders and collect
payments where specified. Maintain cleanliness and condition of the
work areas and equipment.
*Essential Functions: *
* Report to work when scheduled, on time and in proper uniform,
* Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned
event: pre-function side work, detailed menu selections, major
ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and
method of presentation; particular characteristics/description of
wines/champagne being served; prices for specified bar selections
on cash bars; station assignment and table set-up; group name, type
of function and expected attendance; scheduled hours of service;
special requests/arrangements; order of service, traffic flow in
room; V.I.P.'s in attendance.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor
regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors,
intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment; use only as intended.
* Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental
policies and service procedures.
* Complete pre-function side work: check quality and amount of all
stock and supplies using checklist; requisition all necessary
supplies and transport from storeroom to service area; fold
napkins, set linen/skirting on tables; set tables according to
service standards; set up all condiments (butter, jellies, cream,
juices) and beverages according to service standards; ensure a
sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for
service; prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads)
as assigned by the supervisor; check cleanliness and condition of
assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies; set
up side station as assigned by supervisor.
* Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating at
* Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with
departmental standards and function requirements.
* Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental
* Serve all food courses beverage items to the guest in accordance
with departmental standards and function requirements.
* Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
* Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local
attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries
* Handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of
assigned station and service areas.
* Clear each course following procedures and event
* Remove all tabletop items, linen and equipment from the function
room as designated by function requirements and in accordance with
* Set up, monitor, refresh and breakdown coffee breaks, receptions
and buffet tables for specified functions according to group
requirements and departmental standards.
* Complete closing side duties: properly store all reusable goods,
breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards, clean
all equipment as assigned, restock items for next service, remove
all dirty linen and transport to Laundry, marry and stock all
condiments according to procedures.
* Secure storage areas and meeting rooms.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of all work and storage
areas throughout shift.
* Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit
*Primary Functions: *
* Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets or exceeds GF Hotel
Management and Brand Standards for Guest
* Training: Analyze service and quality issues, identify training
needs, ensure implementation of training programs to optimize
results, and adhere to the Company's training guidelines and
*Other Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Must be able to remain upright continuously on a hard surface for
a 5-8 hour shift.
* Must be able to move a minimum of 20 pounds up to 5 feet high
without the aid of another person.
* Must be able to ascend up to 6 feet in height on a step
* Must be able to position one's self appropriately in order to
efficiently make beds, carry trash, vacuum, dust, assist Guests
with luggage, and set up meeting rooms.
*Job Qualifications: *
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Serving Experience: 3 years (Required)
* TABC Certified (Preferred)
* Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hilton College Station & Conference Center, College Station , On Call - Banquet Server, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!