Company: Mentor Technical Group
Location: College Station
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany OverviewMentor Technical Group (MTG)
provides a complete portfolio of technical support and solutions to
the FDA-regulated industry. As a global leader in life sciences
engineering and technical solutions, MTG has the knowledge and
experience to ensure compliance with pharmaceutical, biotechnology,
and medical device safety and efficacy guidelines. Job SummaryThe
Mechanical Operator ensures the maintenance of production and
quality by guaranteeing the operation of mechanical equipment and
machinery. Offer assistance to operations, maintenance, and
troubleshooting for facility utilities and process areas as to
enhance productivity and efficiency improvements through strict
adherence to Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs), cGMP, and quality
standards. Operate and monitor the Building Management Systems
(BMS) and critical equipment such as environmental controlled
rooms.Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete daily operational log sheets and general inspections
on all Plant utility equipment to ensure all equipment/systems are
- Perform assigned Preventative Maintenance work and necessary
repairs of facility Utility Plan: Plant/Clean Steam, Water Systems,
Water Systems (WFI, RO, Waste and City), Air Compressors, Cooling
Towers, and Chilled Water /Glycol refrigeration equipment.
- Continuous monitoring and documentation of environmental
conditions in manufacturing areas via a Computer Monitoring System
(SCADA, BAS), and generation /completion of applicable room reports
- Respond to alarm conditions related to the operation of the
Plant and complete necessary documentation.
- Adhere to all SOP during the execution of daily work
- Monitor service contracts for preventative maintenance/repairs
- Oversee inventory and ordering of all chemical needs,
compressed gasses, and supplies for the utility area. Interact with
Inventory Specialist to maintain a current inventory of critical
- Maintain a safe work environment through adherence to safety
guidelines and policies.
- Maintain daily communication with manufacturing personnel and
- Communication with vendors and outside contractors to schedule
and supervise maintenance work on equipment by outside
- Complete forms e.g. timesheets, works order request forms
indicating materials used/required, times, work is undertaken,
- Work overtime when required (including weekends and/or
- To attend emergency calls outside of normal working, if
- Perform all duties in a safe and proper manner and comply with
the EHS policies.
- Ensure that all documents are completed complying with the
GMP's practices when required.
- Provide cover for other members of staff during holidays,
sickness or other absences, and in emergencies.
- Take a reading of the hours of operation of boilers and fuel
- Take the reading of the hours of operation of generators and
- Receive diesel for boilers and emergency generators.
- Ensure that boilers' flow meters are calibrated in the set
- Ensure accuracy of generators and fire pumps data taking
- Monitor/document effectively routinely operational parameters
to ensure optimum control and regulatory compliance.
- Report any deviations.
- Provide maintenance to critical measurement equipment and
tools, reporting failures and repair if necessary.
- Analyze fuel and water consumption to detect irregularities and
take action if necessary.
- Ensure that the leak detection system of dikes is operating
properly (buoy system)
- Identify gaps in the utility systems and take action to repair
and put them into normal operation.
- Document all events in the equipment logbooks, equipment
checklist, and in the operations logbook to be in compliance with
all GMP regulations.Educational Requirements:Associate Degree in
Industrial Mechanic, Electricity or Refrigeration.Technical Degree
with 7+ years of experience required or any equivalent combination
of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite
knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.Work Experience
requirements:5-9 years of experience in the utilities/maintenance
related fields within the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical
Device, Food and Beverage, and Healthcare Industries.Experienced
with Boilers, Chillers, Compressors, Water Systems, and Power
Generators.Mentor Technical Group es un empleador que ofrece
igualdad de oportunidades y todos los solicitantes calificados
recibirán consideración para el empleo sin importar raza, color,
religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género,
información genética, origen nacional, estado de veterano
protegido, estado de discapacidad o cualquier otro grupo protegido
por ley.Mentor Technical Group is an equal opportunity employer,
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Powered by JazzHRuXSJw0UEMt
Keywords: Mentor Technical Group, College Station , Mechanical Operator, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!