Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 15k Sign On
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, under general
supervision, assists Physicians during catheterization /
electrophysiology lab procedures. Prepares room and equipment,
instructs patients, monitors patient's condition and provides
routine and emergency patient care during procedures. Contributes
to the orientation and training of other personnel. Assist in
daily, monthly, and or quarterly quality control initiative through
auditing and reporting.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE -
- Assists Physicians with arteriograms/catheterizations,
permanent pacemaker implantations, implantable cardiac
defibrillators, diagnostic and interventional, peripheral and
coronary, interventional and thrombolytic therapy. Follows national
and state radiation protection regulations for patients, self and
staff. Provides emergency procedures (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR), defibrillation, etc.) as needed.
- Performs pre and post-procedure care and monitoring. Orients
patients for catheterization or electrophysiology procedures.
Answers related questions to make patient comfortable. -
- Monitors patient?s ECG, pressures, temperature and impendences
while in Electrophysiology Lab; notifies physician of variances.
Assists in running RF/Cryo ablation systems, 3D mapping, and
records other procedural documentation. Manages and maintains
images that may include stenosis analysis, formatting and
processing on both cardiac and peripheral cases.
- Assists in procedure rooms and collects registry and quality
data on appropriate forms. Gathers catheterize-tion data and
prepares procedure reports.
- Prepares and maintains sterile fields for Lab procedures.
Orders and maintains inventory of procedure room supplies. Ensures
procedure rooms are adequately stocked and equipment has not
expired. Coordinates and/or audits resources during yearly
- Performs routine calibration and maintenance of complex
equipment; notifies appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff and
students or extra duties as determined by supervisor/manager.
Oversees some level of quality control monitoring, such as NPSG
auditing, turnaround times, performance improvement initiatives.
(Daily, monthly and/or quarterly).
- Participates in shared governance, department, hospital, or
professional organizations and committees. This can also include
LEAN initiatives, NOBLE, 5S projects, inter-departmental committee,
or any professional organization participation, QC assurance with
leaders, etc. Oversees the committee as requested.
- Transports patients to and from procedural area. Demonstrates
good customer service skills.KEY SUCCESS FACTORSEducation and/or
Experience requirements (must meet one of the following):
- Associates degree in a related field of, or
- Completion of US military training program and experience
equivalent to an Associate?s equivalent or 2 years of related
cardiovascular lab experience, or
- 2 years of related cardiovascular lab experience.
- Must be available for ?On Call? response requirements per
- Knowledge and ability to apply complex invasive cardiac and
vascular principles, instrumentation and techniques.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology.BENEFITSOur
competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS -
- EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience -
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - - - - - - - -Basic Life
Support (BLS) - - - - - - -ACLS (ACLS): ACLS and BLS required. - -
- - - - -ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R), Cert Cardiac Device Spec
(CCDS), Cert EP Specialist (CEPS), Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT),
Reg Cardio Electrophysiology (RCES), Reg Cardiovascular Invasive Sp
(RCIS): Must meet one of the following:American Registry of
Radiologic Tech(ARRT-R) and MRTthru TX Medical Board, orCardio
Invasive Spec(RCIS), orReg Cardiac Electro Spec(RCES), orCert
Electro Spec(CEPS), orCert Cardiac Device Spec (CCDS).
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, College Station , Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 15k Sign On, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!