Assistant Scientist - Process Development
Company: FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Overview Summary:The Assistant Scientist - Process Development
is an entry level position for graduates with no prior experience
or training. The individual will assist in the development and
characterization of customer programs, and technology transfer to
the manufacturing and/or Quality control group as appropriate. This
individual will be expected to require training on laboratory
instrumentation and then use instrumentation to perform elementary
lab experiments and document results appropriately. External US
- Assist in the transfer, development, and optimization of
- Independent operation of instrumentation in the PD
- Assist in conducting, data plotting and reporting the results
of laboratory experiments.
- Capable of monitoring ongoing experiments for any unusual
- Maintenance of lab equipment, supplies and records
- Execution of experimental protocols.
- Maintaining detailed laboratory notebooks following FDBT
- Perform all other duties as assigned.Knowledge/Technical
ExpertiseThe individual will have basic knowledge of chemistry or
biochemistryAs part of the role will work on developing the
- A practical understanding of the area of PD to which they are
- The ability to apply knowledge in support of process
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP.
- Practical lab skills.
- An understanding of the underlying biochemistry of Process
Development. -Required Skills & Abilities:
- Good laboratory technique.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Awareness of lab procedures and protocols.
- Good self-discipline and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide solutions to routine activities and problems
of limited scope
- Must have good planning, organizational, and time management
skills; good oral and written communication skills; and be willing
and able to interface with colleagues in many different roles and
functions throughout Process Development.Working Conditions &
Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. - While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending,
stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes,
odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion and 25 pounds
- Ability to wear PPE. -
- Attendance is mandatory. -Minimum Qualifications (In addition
to required skills & abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Chemistry, Biology, Life
Sciences or related field); OR
- Associates Degree in a relevant field (Chemistry, Biology, Life
Sciences or related field) with 2 years of relevant
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Awareness of cGMP.We are an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. - All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. -If an accommodation to the
application process is needed, please e-mail or call
Keywords: FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, College Station , Assistant Scientist - Process Development, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!