Process Development - Scientist I - AMT
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Summary: The Scientist I assists in the planning of, conducting,
evaluating, and interpreting routine laboratory experiments. The
individual monitors ongoing experiments and identifies and resolves
or suggests alternates or solutions to complex occurrences. The
individual understands and applies use of equipment, technology and
materials associated with analytical development and related
studies and projects. The individual takes a more active role in
non-routine analytical or process development activities. External
US Essential Functions:
- Participates in the development of new analytical methods,
processes or technologies
- Ability to work with team members and client to troubleshoot
and solve complex problems to keep the client satisfied and happy
with end results.
- Clearly articulate in presentations to senior management and/or
internal customers regarding problems, updates, and/or
- Participate in the transfer of analytical methods from other
- Maintain a laboratory notebook according to company
- Summarize results and generate reports.
- Understands and applies required techniques in support of
projects and studies according to pre-defined plans and
- Maintain analytical instrumentation as needed and interface
with external vendors for instrument installation and operation
- May train or provide guidance to lower level scientists
- May direct technical work encompassing one aspect of a project
under the oversight of more senior staff.
- Stay abreast of new technologies in the field.
- Expand expertise to other types of assays.
- Ensure lab is maintained (organized, clean, properly
- As appropriate, writes SOPs/procedures/instructions
- As appropriate, may participate in assay qualification
- As appropriate, writes and reviews analytical plans, protocols
or summary reports
- As appropriate, may write SME content of technical reports
(memos, development reports etc.)
- All other duties as may be assigned.Required Skills &
- Advanced knowledge of basic, viral vector, chemical and/or
biochemical analysis and associated techniques.
- Independent use and application of more complex
instrumentation, computer systems and software for data acquisition
- Experience with analytical instrumentation such as analytical
chromatography/ELISA, DLS, Nanosight or CE.
- Experience in assay development.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to monitor on going experiments and identify and resolves
or suggests alternates or solutions to complex occurrences.
- Ability to understand basis of experimental design.
- Work professionally as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Some knowledge of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing
- Some knowledge of statistics for analytical chemistry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical techniques demonstrated
through industry or academic performance.
- Ability to work on multiple problems of higher complexity.
- Implementation of new methods and processes.
- Adequately assembles reports and presentations describing
- Familiarity with available new technologies and vendor
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and verbally to
senior management and/or internal clients.
- Ability to write and perform detailed analytical procedures.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending,
stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes,
odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion and 25 pounds
- Ability to wear PPE.
- Attendance is mandatory.Minimum Qualifications (in addition to
the required skills and abilities):
- Master's Degree in a science related field; OR
- Bachelor's Degree in a science related field, with four (4)
years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate's Degree in a science related field, with six (6)
years of relevant experience. Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences or related
- Experience working in a GMP environment We are an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law.If an accommodation to the application process is needed,
please email or call .
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Process Development - Scientist I - AMT, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!