Company: Emerson Electric Co.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
If you are a Buyer professional looking for an opportunity to
grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you based in our
Brenham, Texas location! Successful applicants would be expected to
procure of a wide variety of commodities, materials, supplies,
equipment, and services. This candidate will work in coordination
with other local and global team members to establish, develop, and
maintain robust sourcing strategies while mitigating risk areas
within the supply chain.
AS A BUYER, YOU WILL:
* Support the Factory by ensuring material is available in support
of production schedules for complex items
* Communicate and resolve shortages in a timely manner
* Work daily priority reports
* Supplier Management: Create or modify POs to satisfy demand &
* Support quality actions
* Comply with all import / export regulations and documentation
* Manage / resolve Buyer Delivery performance and matching holds
* Manage inventory to Supply Chain goals using various analytics /
* Communicate monthly forecasts and delivery performance to
* Re-Classify item ABC codes and item attributes (safety stock and
* Present at various report forums on inventory performance and
* May support large new product development projects which may
* May support Indirect material purchases for services and
* Support other functional areas, projects and mentoring peers as
WHO YOU ARE:
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of
urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Building partnerships and
working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks
inside and outside the organization. Making sense of complex, high
quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
* One year of relevant experience
* Good communication skills and the ability to lead and develop a
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint,
Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
* Ability to prepare, lead, and conduct status briefings.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship is
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Experience with Oracle or similar business system
* Previous team leadership experience
* Ability to read engineered drawings
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive
innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more
sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the
marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this
Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from
onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people,
our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on
environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options
to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans,
dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid
parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every
employee is valued and respected for their experiences and
perspectives - and that reflects the world around us. We believe a
diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to
the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the
best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and
our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more
about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work
in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship
will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1,
H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work
authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran
status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any
discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or
using this website to apply for a position, please contact:
Keywords: Emerson Electric Co., College Station , Buyer, Other , Brenham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!