Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Monterey Mushrooms, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Title: Human Resource CoordinatorBusiness Unit: General
AdministrationLocations: Madisonville (Amycel) Texas 330ATXReports
To: HR ManagerWork Schedule: M-F 8 am to 5 pmPosition Type:
Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptPosition Summary:Under the
direction of the HR Manager, the HR Coordinator is responsible for
facilitating all key HR functions and programs by performing
administrative duties and support to teammates with matters related
to employment, compensation, benefits, and employee relations.
Additionally, the role assists Plant Management with recruiting
candidates and maintaining contact with new teammates throughout
the onboarding process. The role includes processing payroll
functions, administering benefits, and leaves. The position also
has an active role in ensuring all human resources functions are
complying with local and federal regulations. The HR coordinator
also works closely with the safety coordinator to ensure a safe
workplace.Job Requirements:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a
satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure
individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work
functions.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the administrative part of the new hire process
(screening, contracts, post-offer physicals, updating of HR
- Maintain all electronic and hard file employee personnel
records, medical, insurance, and personal data files, including
status changes, evaluations, corrective actions,
- Process PARs for salary and hourly roles.
- Process and assist teammates with FMLA and ADA.
- Assist in reporting workplace injury claims, record keeping,
and OSHA records keeping.
- Assist teammates and managers in all personnel matters,
including company benefit plans, accruals, vacation and payroll
- Keep continuously updated on policies and procedures, state and
federal laws and regulations controlling HR practices.
- Improve existing processes by generating, running, and
analyzing reports to audit benefits and accruals for accuracy. Will
recommend possible actions to improve existing processes.
- Plan and implement company policies and procedures, Coordinate
with HR director for updates in policies and procedures.
- Advise and lead employees on various safety related topics
including Covid-19 protocols for the facility.
- Work with HR to set up a new employee on boarding process for
- Assist Regional Safety Manager with company rules and
- Manage monthly safety training for all departments.
- Assign and manage monthly safety audits.
- Assist management with accident investigations and report to
Regional Safety Manager.
- Always observe and practice safety procedures. Be safety
conscious. Correct or notify supervisor of safety hazards. In the
event of an accident, notify supervisor immediately. Attend
scheduled Safety Meetings.Secondary Duties:
- Ensure teammates have PPE to perform all requirements of
sanitation, and GMP standards including safety vests, steel toe
shoes. Maintaining inventory of all supplies for safety, and
current Covid-19 policies.
- Manage and maintain records of teammate training. Coordinate
computer training for teammates, and report % of completion in
- Coordinate with the operations manager for the teammate bonus
- Manage unemployment claims.
- Administer employee ID Badge and door security program.Skills
Knowledge and Abilities:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working understanding of human resources principles, practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, or related
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
detail.Education and Work Experience:Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years related experience in HR required
- Computer experience, including Word and Excel
- Bilingual English/SpanishDesired:
- HR Certification is highly desired
- 2-year degree in related fieldNotice:The company has reviewed
this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic
duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for
job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position
described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent
a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to
change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to
perform, as the company may deem appropriate.Equal Opportunity
Employer/ Veterans/ DisabledFor full details, including physical
demands, request the full job description
Keywords: Monterey Mushrooms, Inc., College Station , Human Resources Coordinator, Other , Madisonville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!