Process Development - Assistant Scientist - AMT
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: January 6, 2022
The Assistant Scientist - Analytical Method Transfer (AMT) will
function collaboratively and productively in a team devoted to
ensuring the quality of effective analytical methods at FDBT. This
is an entry-level position that will require training on laboratory
instrumentation and appropriate documentation of results to support
customer programs. The AMT group primarily performs Tech Transfer,
Qualification, and Validation of test methods coming out of the FDB
analytical groups and transitions them into our Quality Control
department. The position will mostly focus on learning a subset of
analytical techniques and following the procedures outlined in
approved protocols, then analyzing and summarizing data. The
individual will also be responsible for supporting the group with
tasks such as ordering supplies, equipment maintenance,
coordinating sample shipments, and preparing buffers. The candidate
will be expected to follow cGMP documentation practices. External
US Essential Functions:
- Execute method transfers/qualifications/validations based on
regulatory guidelines and industry best practices.
- Maintain laboratory instrumentation and assist with vendor
- Develop expertise on a subset of analytical methods, such as
HPLC/UPLC, electrophoresis, spectroscopy, plate-based assays, and
PCR (including quantitative and droplet digital).
- Maintain awareness of project timelines and milestones and
openly communicate scheduling challenges.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and PowerPoint
- Interface with other groups to drive project success, including
Analytical Development, Project Management, Quality Control, and
- Champion the success and continuous improvement of the group.
- Basic knowledge of biology, chemistry, and/or
- Some practical laboratory skills, such as pipetting and making
- Understanding of elementary statistical analyses including
standard deviations and linear regression.
- Ability to communicate professionally with colleagues and
customers, as needed.Required Skills & Abilities:
- Builds credibility within the group by performing high quality
work and identifying opportunities to improve workflow.
- Ability to operate efficiently and productively with minimal
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both
individually or as part of a team.
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with
defined deliverables and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Supervisory Responsibility:This position will not have direct
reports.Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending,
stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
- Attendance is mandatory.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Life
Sciences or related field; OR
- Associate's Degree preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Life
Sciences or related field, with two (2) years of relevant
experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Some hands-on experience in a research or industry
laboratory.We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law. If an accommodation to the
application process is needed, please email or call .#LI-SB2
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Process Development - Assistant Scientist - AMT, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!