Company: Texas A&M University
Location: College Station
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job TitleAdministrator IAgencyTexas A&M
EngineeringDepartmentAerospace EngineeringProposed Minimum
SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCollege Station, TexasJob
TypeStaffJob DescriptionProvides administrative support to the
Department Head to process daily, periodic and long-term
administrative matters dealing with academic and research related
issues. Serves as Chief of Administrative Staff in the Department
of Aerospace Engineering. Collects statistical data on faculty
performance and coordinates faculty processes such as hiring, and
promotion & tenure.Responsibilities:* Provides administrative
support to the Department Head to process daily, periodic and
long-term administrative matters dealing with academic and research
* Serve as Chief of Administrative Staff in the Department of
* Maintains the Department Head's calendar (e.g. schedule
appointments, confirm arrangements) and prepares travel itineraries
for Department Head.
* Manage departmental staff and student workers, including hiring,
training, and coordinating annual reviews, promotions, and
* Help prepare/provide a comprehensive review and coordinates with
Sponsored Research to submit all DH research proposals; track and
maintain research budgets for the DH, assure compliance with TAMU
policies and procedures, and coordinates with administrative staff
for other faculty's research budgets.
* Maintains confidential records/files to ensure compliance with
University and Department policies.
* Assists the Department Head with creating a strategic vision for
the department, and development and outreach programs.
* Conducts regular meetings with other staff members to keep them
abreast of Department changes, initiatives, expectations.
* Coordinating with Communications as necessary, composes
correspondence, reports, publications and presentations, including
editing and proofreading.
* Coordinates space renovation and moves, including overseeing
renovation contracts and assigning office space for students,
staff, and faculty.
* Responds to routine and non-routine information requests.
* Evaluates incoming mail, correspondence and inquiries, and
coordinates responses with Department Head.
* Assists in the resolution of complex, highly sensitive and
confidential administrative matters.
* Coordinates bi-annual external industry advisory board
* Creates and/or coordinates up-to-date department databases.
* Coordinates faculty hiring process.
* Coordinates, collects, and manages statistical data on faculty
performance for annual performance reviews including Faculty
* Review all faculty input for awards and tenure and promotions;
coordinate promotion and tenure process while assisting faculty
with packets, and serve as assistant to departmental tenure and
* Coordinates with committees to produce award nomination packets,
forecasts award deadlines, and tracks nomination success rates.
* Oversees and provides logistical support for department meetings,
outreach programs, seminars and other special events.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Department Head.
Required Education:Bachelor's degree in applicable field or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Required
Experience:Seven years of related experience.All positions are
security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history
investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's
verification of credentials and/or other information required by
the institution's procedures, including the completion of the
criminal history check.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Keywords: Texas A&M University, College Station , Administrator I, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!