Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring
their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day
with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude
and determination to
succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference”
philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job
strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable,
personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through,
practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve
success at both work and home. Here are just some of the
great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance
to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and
professionally through on-line webinars and self-study
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as
AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center,
a Benchmark Hospitality property, have the same fundamental job
description: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to
all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. daily. We're
all responsible to represent the foundation of the strong moral
compass and principles that represent Aggieland. Our jobs are not
just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference." This is the
first and most important expectation in all job descriptions. We
hire only team members of the highest character who will hold
themselves to these expectations, and only candidates with this
commitment should apply.
The Host/Hostess will greet guests entering the restaurant and seat
them in a timely manner. They set the tone for the guest’s
experiences and are responsible for supporting the entire operation
when time allows.
What you will have an opportunity to
Scheduling: The hospitality industry is 24 hours a day,
seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. All
candidates must be available and are expected to work Game Days,
Ring Ceremonies, Graduation, and other high occupancy times due to
special events. Punctuality and reliability are
essential to respect and trust-building for our team members; these
are the critical ingredients in creating memorable experiences for
all our guests we serve. Additionally, we strive
hard to manage and minimalize overtime, but it should and will be
expected when business levels call for it.
Position Status and Scheduling Expectations:
- Part-Time: about 16 hours, Full-Time: 30 - 40 hours a week
forecast for the hotel
- Days: 1) PT, mostly Saturday and Sunday, 6 am – 4
PM. 2) FT- Mon-Sunday
We are all Aggies, some academically and some voluntarily,
and we are all part of the Aggie network. Our
primary job is to Walk the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. in everything
Positivity - We wake up daily and choose to bring a
positive perspective finding the good in all things and creating an
environment others want to be part of. Each team
member is hired to project genuine and sincere positivity
Respect - We embrace and appreciate others and show
consideration for their desires, interests, privacy, physical
space, belongings, and different viewpoints, philosophies, physical
abilities, beliefs, and personalities. We choose
to show respect even when it's not given, not only to our guests
but, more importantly, to each other.
Integrity - We consistently demonstrate and live by sound
moral and ethical principles. Not because someone is watching but
because it is the right thing to do. "An Aggie
does not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those who do.
Dedication - We are unyielding in our commitment to
walking our path and dedication to Being the Difference in
everything we do. We flex our "proactive muscles" in being more
positive, respecting, and holding ourselves to an even higher
commitment to integrity.
Excellence - We strive to make today even a little better
than yesterday by growing excellence daily.
As a team member of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference
Center, we require everyone first to Walk the Path of P.R.I.D.E.
before every shift to check someone in, create a cocktail, clean a
guest room or execute a
meeting/event. Only through our
commitment to living the Howdy Hospitality lifestyle can we indeed
Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of
all we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of restaurant experience.
- Good food and service knowledge.
- Pleasant personality and professional welcoming
- Excellent communication skills.
- Greet and interact with guests in a friendly and professional
- Seat all guests in a timely and courteous fashion. Clear extra
settings if not needed. Present menu to each guest.
- Answer telephone and take reservations using professional
- Volunteer Conference information to guests. Must be
knowledgeable about other restaurants, shops, and locations on the
property and about current/upcoming events.
- Keep work area/podium clean and organized. Menus should be
wiped down at the end of each shift and replaced if wrinkled or
- Communicate with kitchen and staff to ensure a steady flow of
- Maintain a waiting list of guests. It is the greeter’s
responsibility to know what tables are available, who is covering
each section, and how to seat guests alternately in each
- As time allows, walk around the restaurant and check on guests.
Refill water, push in stools, wipe down high tops, always keeping
an eye on the entrance of the hotel
What are we looking
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all