Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring
their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day
with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude
and determination to
succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference”
philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job
strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable,
personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through,
practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve
success at both work and home. Here are just some of the
great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance
to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and
professionally through on-line webinars and self-study
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as
AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center,
a Benchmark Hospitality property, have the same fundamental job
description: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to
all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. daily. We're
all responsible to represent the foundation of the strong moral
compass and principles that represent Aggieland. Our jobs are not
just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference." This is the
first and most important expectation in all job descriptions. We
hire only team members of the highest character who will hold
themselves to these expectations, and only candidates with this
commitment should apply.
The Front Office Agent is to provide friendly, efficient
registration, guest settlement, and information to all guests,
fellow employees, and visitors.
What you will have an opportunity to
Scheduling: The hospitality industry is 24 hours a day, seven
days a week, and 365 days of the year. All candidates must be
available and are expected to work Game Days, Ring Ceremonies,
Graduation, and other high occupancy times due to special
events. Punctuality and reliability are essential to respect
and trust-building for our team members; these are the critical
ingredients in creating memorable experiences for all our guests we
serve. Additionally, we strive hard to manage and minimalize
overtime, but it should and will be expected when business levels
call for it.
Position Status and Scheduling Expectations:
- Full-Time: 20 – 30 hours a week depending on the level of
business forecasted for the hotel
- Days: Varying Saturday - Friday
- Start times: Varying (projected 8 hours a day)
We are all Aggies, some academically and some voluntarily, and
we are all part of the Aggie network. Our primary job is to
Walk the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. in everything we do.
Positivity - We wake up daily and choose to bring a positive
perspective finding the good in all things and creating an
environment others want to be part of. Each team member is
hired to project genuine and sincere positivity daily.
Respect - We embrace and appreciate others and show
consideration for their desires, interests, privacy, physical
space, belongings, and different viewpoints, philosophies, physical
abilities, beliefs, and personalities. We choose to show
respect even when it's not given, not only to our guests but, more
importantly, to each other.
Integrity - We consistently demonstrate and live by sound moral
and ethical principles. Not because someone is watching but because
it is the right thing to do. "An Aggie does not lie, cheat or
steal, or tolerate those who do.
Dedication - We are unyielding in our commitment to walking our
path and dedication to Being the Difference in everything we do. We
flex our "proactive muscles" in being more positive, respecting,
and holding ourselves to an even higher commitment to
Excellence - We strive to make today even a little better than
yesterday by growing excellence daily.
As a team member of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference
Center, we require everyone first to Walk the Path of P.R.I.D.E.
before every shift to check someone in, create a cocktail, clean a
guest room or execute a meeting/event. Only
through our commitment to living the Howdy Hospitality lifestyle
can we indeed Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences
in the lives of all we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of college education preferred.
- Two years experience in the service industry, preferably in the
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Pleasant telephone demeanor.
- Check guest in, ensuring proper credit is received, special
requests are noted and fulfilled, and accurate information is
- Provide exceptional customer service with a smile and
- Thoroughly complete all guest transactions.
- Promote and sell special hotel programs.
- Interact with fellow team members in a professional manner,
assisting other departments with necessary information.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and hotel
- Maintain house bank.
- Communicate all pertinent information to the Front Office
Managers and Supervisors.
Follow set procedures on posting, charges, cashing checks, safe
deposits, and refunds.
What are we looking
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all