Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring
their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day
with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude
and determination to
succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference”
philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job
strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable,
personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through,
practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve
success at both work and home. Here are just some of the
great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance
to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and
professionally through on-line webinars and self-study
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as
AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center,
a Benchmark Hospitality property, have the same fundamental job
description: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to
all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. daily. We're
all responsible to represent the foundation of the strong moral
compass and principles that represent Aggieland. Our jobs are not
just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference." This is the
first and most important expectation in all job descriptions. We
hire only team members of the highest character who will hold
themselves to these expectations, and only candidates with this
commitment should apply.
What you will have an opportunity to
Scheduling: The hospitality industry is 24 hours a day,
seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. All
candidates must be available and are expected to work Game Days,
Ring Ceremonies, Graduation, and other high occupancy times due to
special events. Punctuality and reliability are
essential to respect and trust-building for our team members; these
are the critical ingredients in creating memorable experiences for
all our guests we serve. Additionally, we strive
hard to manage and minimalize overtime, but it should and will be
expected when business levels call for it.
Position Status and Scheduling Expectations:
Full Time- 30 – 40 hours a week depending on the level of business
forecasted for the hotel
Days: Varying Saturday - Friday
Start times: Typically, 6 am (projected 8 hours a day-
some AM’s may be required based on business needs.
We are all Aggies, some academically and some voluntarily,
and we are all part of the Aggie network. Our
primary job is to Walk the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. in everything
Positivity - We wake up daily and choose to bring a
positive perspective finding the good in all things and creating an
environment others want to be part of. Each team
member is hired to project genuine and sincere positivity
Respect - We embrace and appreciate others and show
consideration for their desires, interests, privacy, physical
space, belongings, and different viewpoints, philosophies, physical
abilities, beliefs, and personalities. We choose
to show respect even when it's not given, not only to our guests
but, more importantly, to each other.
Integrity - We consistently demonstrate and live by sound
moral and ethical principles. Not because someone is watching but
because it is the right thing to do. "An Aggie
does not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those who do.
Dedication - We are unyielding in our commitment to
walking our path and dedication to Being the Difference in
everything we do. We flex our "proactive muscles" in being more
positive, respecting, and holding ourselves to an even higher
commitment to integrity.
Excellence - We strive to make today even a little better
than yesterday by growing excellence daily.
As a team member of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference
Center, we require everyone first to Walk the Path of P.R.I.D.E.
before every shift to check someone in, create a cocktail, clean a
guest room or execute a
meeting/event. Only through our
commitment to living the Howdy Hospitality lifestyle can we indeed
Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of
all we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK
- Communication skills for guest interaction and able to
understand elevated responsibilities of expectations both verbally
- Prefer minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a
minimum of 1.5 years of job-related experience.
- Must be able to obtain Serve Safe certification.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or
perform arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding
- Must have professional appearance with good personal
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must embrace a fast-paced, active environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Skilled with cooking and baking various types of
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Other duties as assigned.
- Checks with leadership for daily objectives.
- Support in setting up any a la carte stations required for meal
- Produces dishes inn accordance with standard recipes and
presentations established by the Chef.
- Preps, Cleans and organizes workstation.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary culinary environment in
compliance with all local and federal health codes.
- Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the
Executive or Sous Chef.
- Completes mis en place before start of service
What are we looking
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all