Company: SSC Services for Education
Location: COLLEGE STATION
Posted on: September 8, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 28, 2021
APPLY: You can now complete your entire job
application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search
for the requisition ID number 677754.
Click here to
- We are now hiring for a full-time LEAD
- Location: 600 Agronomy Road College Station TX
77843 Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: FT: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Summer
6:00 AM - 2:30 PM, weekends, holidays and after hours as
- Requirement: Experience in similar industry,
leadership skills and a valid driver's license
- Perks: $500 bonus payable upon completion of 90
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video
introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and
get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be
interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise,
commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people
are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and
experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive
management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as
well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a
workforce that differentiates us from our
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in
Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass
Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We
empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them
confident that we support them every step of the way. As a
result, our associates embody greatness through their actions,
natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity
for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Leads a small team in the
performance of routine tasks associated with grounds management:
trains, assigns, coordinates and reviews the work of grounds
personnel. Performs a variety of skilled groundskeeping tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks for the management of ornamental landscapes,
including lawns, small trees, groundcovers, shrubs and
annual/perennial color displays.
- Performs weed abatement and other grounds-related
- Oversees and performs skilled grounds maintenance work involved
in planting, cultivating, trimming, pruning, fertilizing and
irrigating trees, shrubs, hedges and lawns; waters lawns and plants
by hand as needed.
- Operates groundskeeping power equipment as necessary.
- Coordinates and assists with the clearing of trash and other
- Coordinates and participates in the maintenance of parking
lots, walks, driveways, asphalt play areas, fences and other
- Assists management with completion and submittal of weekly
tool, equipment and vehicle maintenance reports.
- Deploys for emergency response due to inclement weather, i.e.
snow and ice, tornado or other crisis.
- Maintains professional written and oral communication with team
leader, supervisor and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience as a team leader in grounds
- Ability to operate grounds-related equipment.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 25 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop for
extended periods of time.
- Exposure to: strenuous labor for extended periods of time,
heavy equipment, hazardous construction zones and work sites,
extreme weather conditions, paint and petroleum products. Work time
expectation, 90% of time will be physical labor, 10% training and
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 677754
Keywords: SSC Services for Education, College Station , LEAD, GROUNDS, Other , COLLEGE STATION, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!