GENERAL LABOR/MAINTENANCE - AMPT (PART-TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Location: COLLEGE STATION
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 20, 2021
APPLY: You can now complete your entire job
application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search
for the requisition ID number 640814.
Click here to
- We have openings for a temporary GENERAL
- Location: Texas A&M, 600 Agronomy Road, College
Station, TX 77843. Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: Flexible hours including Monday-Friday, 8:00am
- Requirement: 80% going to buildings on campus carrying
and climbing ladders/asset tagging 20% data entry.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video
introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and
get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be
interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise,
commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people
are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and
experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive
management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as
well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a
workforce that differentiates us from our
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in
Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass
Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We
empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them
confident that we support them every step of the way. As a
result, our associates embody greatness through their actions,
natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity
for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Assists with the day-to-day
upkeep, maintenance and smooth operation of the building and
campus. Repairs, maintains and assists in the installation of
vending machines and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one
attention to detail.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Performs minor repairs to doors, fixtures and furniture.
- Records information from meters and gauges at specified
intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Makes adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling,
ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Regularly replaces HVAC air filters.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks
as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical
appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment and supplies either manually
or by using hand trucks.
- Mows and trims lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and
power trimmers; clears debris.
- Notifies managers about the need for major repairs or additions
to building operating systems.
- Removes snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas.
- Sets up, arranges and removes decorations, tables, chairs,
ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events.
- Ad-hoc cleaning of building floors by sweeping, mopping,
scrubbing or vacuuming; gathers and empties trash; services, cleans
and supplies restrooms.
- Drives vehicles required to perform work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license may be required.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 640814
Keywords: Compass Group, College Station , GENERAL LABOR/MAINTENANCE - AMPT (PART-TIME), Other , COLLEGE STATION, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!