Company: Compass Group
Location: COLLEGE STATION
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Posted Date: Jun 30, 2021
APPLY: You can now complete your entire job
application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search
for the requisition ID number 560190.
Click here to
- We have an opening for an HVAC TECH position.
- Location: 600 Agronomy Rd College Station TX
77843 Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: FT: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 4:30PM
- Requirement: Driver's License, EPA Freon
Certificate, experience in similar role/industry- (Journeyman Electrical License, Registered ACR
Technician with EPA certification in Refrigerant, Journeyman
Plumber License, Carpentry, Welding, Steam and Pipefitting, Masonry
or Electronic Instrumentation - is
- Perks: $300 bonus payable upon completion of
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video
introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and
get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be
interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise,
commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people
are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and
experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive
management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as
well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a
workforce that differentiates us from our
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in
Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass
Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We
empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them
confident that we support them every step of the way. As a
result, our associates embody greatness through their actions,
natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity
for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: The HVAC Maintenance Technician
performs a variety of skilled maintenance duties related to the
facilities engineering and maintenance functions and is assigned to
work for a Supervisor, Foreman, and/or Master Mechanic on a regular
Incumbent is guided by a comprehensive and proven skill in one
trade as evident by possession of an appropriate license from the
state. Within the incumbent’s chosen trade, he/she will work
independently to analyze and correct complex problems and ensure
that non-license workers perform work in a manner consistent with
correct work practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates work statuses and documents tasks completed in the CMMS
utilizing a mobile device.
- Helps determine manpower, material needs, and deadlines for
jobs and projects.
- Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs, and diagnoses
malfunction of HVAC, electrical and mechanical building systems,
sterilizers, food service equipment, sprinkler and standpipe
systems, transport systems, electronic signaling systems, fire
alarm systems and similar plant and specialty equipment items
- Assists in making decisions on all repairs and reports major
problems to the Maintenance Supervisor, Foreman, and Manger as
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains, and repairs
electrical and mechanical systems, or the facilities of any related
systems, using power & hand tools and other necessary
- Reviews outside vendor projects and makes punch lists.
- Analyzes and corrects complex building system problems and
electro/mechanical problems related to utilities.
- Supports project management activity as needed.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and makes
emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds, and completes P.M. work
orders, tests, and inspections.
- Makes recommendations for modification or improvement of
preventive maintenance systems.
- Maintains shops and mechanical areas in a clean and safe
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician in an
institutional setting in an engineering or maintenance
- One of the following: Journeyman Electrical License, Registered
ACR Technician with EPA certification in Refrigerant, or Journeyman
- Experience working with blueprints and schematics.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A general understanding of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Rudimentary ability to utilize hand-operated construction
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop and
perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.
Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust,
dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting
deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to
work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in
order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 560190
Keywords: Compass Group, College Station , HVAC TECH, Other , COLLEGE STATION, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!