Process Development - Assistant Scientist - Downstream/Upstream
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Assistant Scientist is an entry level position within each
of the Process Development groups. The individual will learn and
assist in the development and characterization of customer
programs, and technology transfer to the manufacturing and/or
Quality control group as appropriate. This individual will be
expected to require training on laboratory instrumentation and then
use instrumentation to perform elementary lab experiments and
document results appropriately.
- Assist in the transfer, development, and optimization of
- Independent operation of instrumentation in the PD
- Assist in conducting, data plotting and reporting the results
of laboratory experiments.
- Monitor ongoing experiments for any unusual occurrences.
- Maintenance of lab equipment, supplies and records
- Execution of basic experimental protocols.
- Maintaining detailed laboratory notebooks following FDBT
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of biology, chemistry or biochemistry.
- Will be expected to develop the following:
- A practical understanding of the area of PD to which they are
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP.
- Practical lab skills.
- An understanding of the underlying biochemistry of Process
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of good laboratory technique.
- Ability to apply knowledge in support of process
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Awareness of lab procedures and protocols.
- Good self-discipline and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide solutions to routine activities and problems
of limited scope
- Must have good planning, organizational, and time management
skills; good oral and written communication skills; and be willing
and able to interface with colleagues in many different roles and
functions throughout Process Development.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending,
stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes,
odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion and 25 pounds
- Ability to wear PPE.
- Attendance is mandatory.
Minimum Qualifications (In addition to required skills &
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Chemistry, Biology, Life
Sciences or related field); OR
- Associates Degree in a relevant field (Chemistry, Biology, Life
Sciences or related field) with two (2) years of relevant
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Awareness of cGMP.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local law. If an accommodation to the application process is
needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Process Development - Assistant Scientist - Downstream/Upstream, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!