Student Lab Maintenance Tech
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Summary: Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, Texas, Inc. is offering
part time work (10-20 hours per week) for college students majoring
in Life Sciences or preferably Biological Sciences. We offer a
supportive, collaborative teaching environment to develop our
student worker's skills and identify their career goals. This is a
great opportunity to gain invaluable experience working for an
industry-leading biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing
organization. The student worker will work in direct contact with
the department staff to assist with department specific duties as
requested. The duration of the position will be determined between
the supervisor, and Human Resources.
Essential Functions (will vary based on departmental need):
* Data entry as needed.
* Work with Process Development Scientists as needed to complete
assigned tasks, and ask questions for clarity.
* Comply with GMP documentation requirements, if required.
* Develop and execute protocols for processes, if requested.
* Monitor equipment and/or the performance of processes if
* Assist with the development of Standard Operating Procedures, if
* All other duties as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong proficiency with MS Office applications to include Excel
* Ability to go into labs and/or cleanrooms and dress in
appropriate attire if required.
* Demonstrated leadership skills and self-motivation.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to:
* Experience at any time prolonged sitting, standing, some bending,
stooping and stretching.
* Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
office equipment is required.
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
* Attendance is mandatory.
* Ability to wear appropriate PPE.
* Full-time Undergraduate who has completed their sophomore year,
or Graduate student, in Life Sciences.
Previous experience working in and around a Molecular
Biology/Virology lab preferred, but not required.
FDBT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please
e-mail or call .
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Student Lab Maintenance Tech, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!