Quality Control - Chemist I
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Summary The Quality Control Chemist I, under general direction,
will be responsible for performing routine and non-routine
quantitative and qualitative analysis of samples submitted to the
Quality Control (QC) Laboratory.
- Assist in quality control testing of samples provided to the QC
- SDS Page
- Western Blot
- Assist with preparing and executing test qualification and
validation of QC test methods.
- Assist with writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and
other related Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)/Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP) documentation.
- Help manage test samples, reagents and reference
- Assist with raw materials coordination efforts as needed.
- Reviews data obtained for compliance to specifications and
reports excursion/out of specifications.
- Provides QC support for the sites Environmental Monitoring
program and raw material analysis.
- Ensure lab is maintained (organized, clean, properly
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Previous pipetting experience.
- Ability to follow safety procedures outlined in the Chemical
- Utilize MSDS sheets to properly assess chemical hazards, spill
response procedures, and PPE requirements if indicated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Ability to accurately complete required documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
office equipment is required.
- Ability to sit for long periods to work on a computer.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes,
odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety
glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including
laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and appropriate shoes required
in most areas associated with this position.
- Lift up to 30 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Chemistry or
- Analytical laboratory experience in a GMP/GxP or a comparable
federally regulated environment
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Quality Control - Chemist I, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!