New Product Development Technician
Company: Idex Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
The purpose of the NPD Technician is to help develop SOPs for
new products or proof Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for
transfer products with the end results being successful
implementation according to the predetermined targets set by the
team and to efficaciously move products through the product
development (DMEDI) process. All operations to be carried out in
safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Responsible for following safety guidelines and reporting any
and all near misses, incidents, and accidents to the appropriate
- Ensure that work area is properly clean at all times especially
at the end of the shift
- Willingness to learn all process steps in the manufacturing of
- Desire to learn the technical components of molding and ability
to apply learned knowledge to solve process issues.
- Throughout the shift work will be recorded into the system in a
timely and accurate fashion
- Bring any issues or "stops" to production to your supervisor or
- Ability to train employees in current and new processes.
- Follow parts through production steps all the way to
- Ability to work overtime as needed upon management
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ability to type
at least 25 words per minute.
- Document good practices and follow Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP) and train shop personnel on them.
- Ability to follow SOP's and provide feedback on improvement and
modifications to SOP's
- Work independently with little supervision
- Ability to plan work to established deadlines and communicate
risks to schedule
- Flexible and willing to manage quickly changing priorities
- Ability to clearly and collaboratively communicate their
techniques for documentation by engineering
Other additional duties as assigned
- Perform dimensional, visual inspection and document
measurements in computer system.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and perform dimensional
- Prepare first offs and perform audit of molded parts and assure
product meets quality requirements.
Report and manage issues that arise on the shift, ensuring
action is taken to address them. Notify management as
- Finish parts by removing excess flash from molded parts
- Start and load cryo machine, unload cryo machine, check parts
for appropriate outcome
- Start and load ovens and unload ovens
- Start, load and unload drumming machines.
- Keep the parts separated by job numbers and ensure all the
parts follow the outlined process and SOP.
- This position consists of time writing reports as well as time
manufacturing parts. The operator must wear appropriate protective
gear (suit, ear plugs, safety glasses, shoe covers, hair net, beard
covers, etc.) when needed.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Standing majority of the shift
- 6 months prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience running machinery
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must understand basic manufacturing math
- Must possess effective communication and documentation
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our
people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around
providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Keywords: Idex Corporation, College Station , New Product Development Technician, Other , Brenham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!