The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the
healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile
Justice Department (TJJD).
Responsible for providing mental health evaluation and
therapeutic intervention to patients. Works under the supervision
of a Psychologist, Mental Health Manager and/or Program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contributes to the success of the UTMB Correctional Managed
- Interviews, evaluates and diagnoses patients identified as
having mental health needs.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy and crisis
- Develops, implements and reviews Individual Treatment
- Assists with training and education of mental health, medical
and other staff.
- Assists in the implementation of Quality Improvement/Quality
Management (QI/QM) programs and the monitoring of compliance with
required policies, procedures and standards.
- Provides routine consultation and communication with supervisor
and/or attending psychiatric provider regarding the status of
- Completes clinically appropriate and timely documentation.
- Liaises with patient, patient families, on-site departments and
community agencies to coordinate current treatment and/or
facilitate aftercare services.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard office equipment.
Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile
detention center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment
drug testing is also required.
Master's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or
related field. Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a
Professional Counselor, Psychological Associate, or Social
This is non-benefit eligible position and limited to a maximum
of 19 hours per week.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRRA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals