Social Worker MSW - Estelle Dialysis Unit
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the
healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile
Justice Department (TJJD).
The Social Worker MSW intervenes with patients who have complex
psychosocial needs, economic co-morbidities, require assistance
with eligibility determination for social programs and funding
sources, and qualify for community assistance. To promote
patient-centered care, the Social Worker MSW provides care that is
respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences,
needs, and values, and ensures that patient values guide all
decisions. Supports compliance with treatment protocols, and
assists with resource linkage as part of a multidisciplinary
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Based on preliminary risk screening, assesses patient and
family psychosocial risk factors through evaluation of prior
functioning levels, appropriateness and adequacy of support
systems, adjustment to illness, and ability to cope.
- Intervene with patients and families regarding emotional,
social, financial, and environmental concerns of illness and/or
disability; access the mobilize family and community resources to
meet identified needs.
- Serves as a resource for and provides counseling and
intervention related to treatment decisions and end-of-life
- Involves patients in all decisions affecting the discharge plan
- Participates in discharge planning activities for complex
patients to ensure a timely discharge and to provide appropriate
linkage with post-discharge care providers.
- Assists Case Managers with discharge planning activities, as
- Provides consultation to Case Managers when coordination with
significant or intensive community resources is necessary to
achieve desire treatment outcomes.
- Receives referrals for complex patient problem resolution from
Case Managers or care team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to engage in a
variety of supporting counseling interventions, including
individual, group and family.
- Ability to explore and address emotional and behavioral
- Ability to incorporate evidence-based practices, such as
motivational interviewing, into professional practice to address
- Provide emotional support, conflict resolution, and counseling
to patients and their families.
- Utilize Social Work theories, including Strengths-based,
Empowerment, and Cognitive Behavioral Theory (CBT).
- Ensure safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures,
and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time
management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard office equipment.
Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile
detention center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment
drug testing is also required.
Master's degree in Social Work or related field. Two (2) years
experience required. Must be licensed to practice as a Social
Worker in Texas (LBSW, LMSW, LCSW).
Case management experience preferred.
Salary is commensurate with years of relevant work
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRRA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, College Station , Social Worker MSW - Estelle Dialysis Unit, Other , Huntsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!