Company: Goodwill Houston
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Goodwill Houston is a non-profit
organization that serves people who need help people who have
barriers to employment - people who are looking for a new start. We
are proud that we are a second chance employer. Our success comes
from our Goodwill Family, the honest, passionate and innovative
Team Members who assist our customers and donors, keep our
locations clean and inviting, while being advocate for or mission
Goodwill is a place to belong, a
place to make a difference and a place that "Changes Lives Through
the power of Work."
Sorter position provides an opportunity, in a retail
setting, to excel in a growing, fast paced, customer/donor focused
role, working both independently and as a member of a team, to
positively impact the lives of others.
Essential Duties and
- Responsible for sorting soft
goods (clothing, linens, etc.) according to GWH guidelines to
maximize productivity for the Tagger-Hangers.
- Must carefully inspect all items
to ensure they meet GWH quality standards.
- Ability to work quickly to meet
required GWH production standards, five (5) to seven (7) duros per
- Provide excellent customer
- Greet each customer and assist
with basic questions about store operations and merchandise as
- Assist with keeping production
- Assist with loading and unloading
merchandise as needed.
- Receive and record donations as
- Assist with sorting donations
according to GWH guidelines as assigned.
- Notify Manager of low or
- Assist with the security and
safety of GWH Team Members and property.
- Assist in floor recovery as
- Perform necessary janitorial
- Demonstrate professionalism and
presents a friendly, cooperative attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick
decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced
- Must be punctual and have
- Must conduct work in a safe
manner; maintain good housekeeping standards, have all aisles and
pathways to fire exists clear and free from clutter, keep work
areas neat and clean.
- Must report all work incidents
and injuries immediately.
- Adheres to all GWH policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate and
interact well with a variety of personality types.
- Poses excellent customer service
- Retail sales experience is
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work a flexible
- Must have reliable
The ability to stand, twist, bend,
squat, reach, kneel, push and pull. Able to lift, up to, 40 lbs.
and, occasionally, lift/move items, up to, 100 lbs. (e.g. large
bags of donations, televisions, furniture, etc.) Must be able to
stand for extended periods of time.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Goodwill Houston, College Station , Apparel Sorter, Other , Brenham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!