Company: Schlotzsky's Deli
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the
Schlotzsky's management team in all aspects of shift management to
ensure successful operations, Guest service and achievement of
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assists GM with effectively communicating weekly and period
variances from budgets compared to in-store and final
- Communicates financial goals to employees and provides
direction to achieve those goals.
- Executes proper security and cash handling and control
procedures and holds cashiers accountable to adhering to policies
- Assists GM with performing daily and weekly inventories
accurately and timely.
- Assists GM with performing accurate end-of-period
- Assists GM with placing food, produce, paper, and supply orders
in a timely manner to ensure proper levels are maintained at all
- Works in tandem with GM to consistently maintain labor, food
and supplies costs within budget.
- Utilizes and maintains all reporting and tracking systems for
financial results. (Menulink)
- Maintains high level of integrity in all financial
- Provides clear direction and leadership to all Team Leaders and
- Serves as a role model to all employees by setting the example
and maintaining professionalism in the restaurant.
- Promotes an "Open Door Policy" in the restaurant and is
accessible to all employees.
- Interviews hourly employee candidates and makes hiring
recommendations to General Manager.
- Assists General Manager with new hire orientation and new
- Submits hourly employee new hire paperwork, New Hire/Change
Forms, Termination Notification Forms, and bi-weekly payroll
spreadsheets to Payroll and/or Human Resources in a timely
- Ensures that systems, materials and people are in place to
provide for quality employee training.
- Assists with minimizes employee turnover by:
- selecting and recommending candidates who possess pre-designed
characteristics and have a good work history;
- being involved in the orientation and training of all new
- providing a positive work environment for all employees;
- identifying and addressing employee issues in a timely
- Assists with conducting monthly safety training for all
management and hourly employees and forwards acknowledgement forms
to Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Consistently counsels and properly documents performance,
attendance, or behavioral issues encountered with all hourly
- Assists GM with maintaining proper employee staffing levels in
the restaurant at all times.
- Assists GM with preparing hourly employee performance
- Assists GM with hourly employee performance counseling and
- Operates the restaurant with uncompromising integrity and
superior credibility, adhering at all times to the Schlotzsky's
policies and procedures.
Quality, Service and Cleanliness
- Assists GM with maintaining all areas of the restaurant at or
above all cleanliness standards.
- Completes QSC Sales Drivers, Ready for Business, Restroom, and
Bakery checklists on each shift.
- Holds employees accountable for compliance with uniform and
grooming standards at all times.
- Ensures that all standards and procedures for recipes and food
quality are consistently met.
- Ensures proper sanitation procedures are adhered to at all
- Maintains positive relationship with local health and
sanitation officials and follows up immediately on any issues.
- Monitors and holds employees accountable for established speed
of service standards in the restaurant and drive-thru (if
- Assists with performing quarterly full QSC audit on the
- Ensures that guests are treated in a courteous and friendly
- Follows up on all guest issues and ensures that they are
resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Executes dining room management functions and guest interaction
- Assists GM with maintaining restaurant in like-new
- Operates restaurant in a manner that displays an uncompromising
attitude toward guest satisfaction.
- Assists GM with maintaining equipment in proper working
- Assists GM with needed smallwares supplies needed for
- Assists GM with needed equipment and facility repairs in a
- Assists GM with preventive equipment maintenance on a timely
and consistent basis.
- Assists GM with executing restaurant upgrades and enhancements
as directed by Director of Operations.
- Ensures that all employees adhere to safety and security
measures consistent with Company standards.
- Executes all national and Company-sponsored marketing events
- Assists GM with quarterly local store marketing plan for
- Promotes internal marketing through suggestive selling,
sampling and positive guest interaction.
Attendance and Reliability
- Consistently arrives at work on time.
- Schedules time off in advance in accordance with Company
- Adheres to Company's attendance guidelines.
- Delegates responsibilities when absent from work.
General and Physical Requirements
- Majority of job responsibilities must be performed standing or
walking during typical 9-10 hour shift.
- Frequently walks in and around the restaurant to interact with
employees and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
- Uses a keyboard on a daily basis to enter information into a
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of performing any duty of any employee while
training or while covering staffing needs.
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits, deliver orders,
or run errands as needed; driving record must be acceptable.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Keywords: Schlotzsky's Deli, College Station , Assistant Manager, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!