Service Writer (63719)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Represent WCTractor in a positive and professional manner while
safely, accurately, and efficiently performing the duties of
Performance standards for this position include the
- Providing exceptional and professional customer service to all
Company customers, suppliers, and employees
- Constantly representing Company in a positive and professional
manner regardless of customer requests, complaints, or
- Complying with Company policies and procedures
- Treating management and employees with respect and contributing
to a positive team environment
- Communicating work progress and significant issues to your
General responsibilities associated with this position
- Experience in repair, troubleshooting and or parts with a track
record of success. Preferably in one of the following industries:
Agricultural equipment, motor vehicle industry, outdoor power
equipment, recreational vehicles, construction equipment and
machinery, small engine and accessories.
- Must be proficient in parts lookup and servicing customers at
the parts counter.
- Present a friendly, positive attitude to all customers.
- Other duties as assigned
Specific responsibilities associated with this position
- Establishes and remain the main contact with all service
customers. Insure that all service work is entered, scheduled and
accurately completed in the quickest possible timeframe.
- Processes and handle all work orders and warranty claims from
start to finish.
- Stages service work for technicians so they can reasonably
achieve their daily goals.
- Reviews work orders for complete and accurate information.
Determines work requirements and priorities.
- Ensures work orders are detailed and completed in a timely
manner with all supporting documentation.
- Assists in the assignment of work based on the priorities
established by management.
- Prepares technicians status reports, basic reports and
- Maintains quality control on work performed during shift;
monitors time standards; brings variances to the attention of
management and makes corrections/updates as directed.
- Provides general diagnoses of repair and maintenance equipment
problems for the customer and communicate this to the
- Tracks and coordinates warranty work.
- Conducts customer survey follow-ups and reports results to
- Meet with Management Team for departmental overviews of goals
and objectives for the week.
- Update service reference materials-bulletins, manuals and
- Evaluate tools and equipment to make sure they are in good
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years0 experience in service work
- Ability to follow directions, both written and verbal
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a limited time frame
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- General computer skills
- Work normally performed in an office, shop or outdoor setting.
May be required to work overtime, and on weekends
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with
others in the workplace
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license with a clean
driving record. May be required to maintain a valid state
commercial driver's license (CDL) and certification requirements
for operating material handling equipment as necessary
- May require ability to travel
- Must continually be able to lift and handle heavy loads up to
70 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time
- Must have good eyesight (correctable to 20/20) and normal
hearing for diagnostics and troubleshooting equipment
- Requires sufficient visual acuity/dexterity/coordination to
safely and efficiently operate machinery
- Must be able to tolerate temperature shifts inherent to a shop
- The position may require walking, standing, stooping and
transporting materials or parts on a regular basis, up to OSHA
Keywords: WCTractor, College Station , Service Writer (63719), Other , Navasota, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!