Executive Assistant I
Company: Texas Agricultural Experiment Station
Location: College Station
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Job TitleExecutive Assistant IAgencyTexas A&M Agrilife
ResearchDepartmentResearch Director ManagementProposed Minimum
SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCollege Station, TexasJob
- Coordinates calendars, meetings, and other activities. Provides
technical guidance and advice on administrative matters to agency
executives, management, and staff. Coordinates and carefully
monitors action items and assignments made by the
- Drafts and manages correspondence and communications, schedules
appointments, manages calendar, and coordinates travel. Prepares
travel arrangements and itineraries and processes travel
reimbursements. Prepares notices and agendas for meetings.
- Assists in compiling reports, maintains records and other
documents, and coordinates special events. Takes detailed,
professional meeting and call minutes/notes.
- Makes purchases following agency-required process, rules, and
documentation. Oversees and documents spending on multiple account
- Plans and coordinates logistical and administrative support for
events, meetings or other special functions and provides on-site
support; takes calls and meeting notes.
- Prepares, following journal-specific guidelines, scientific
publications and uploads through journal portals, and oversees
progress through the submission and review process.
- Maintains biosketch and curriculum vitae updates following
sponsor requirements as relevant.
- Creates, reviews, and/or copy edits reports, web materials,
presentations, and/or other documents as needed.
- Researches, compiles, and applies information, making
evaluative judgments on appropriate data to use.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Education and
Experience:-Bachelors degree in applicable field or equivalent
combination of education and experience, background in a
health-related field desired.-Three years of recent related
administrative experience supporting an executive leader.Preferred
Experience:-5 years of related experience-Previous experience
supporting an executive leader in Research. Other requirements:Some
overnight travel may be required.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High attention to detail and organization; ability to
multitask, with close attention to follow-through.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work beyond normal office hours when
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint; Adobe Professional; Endnote Reference Library; and
- Ability to work cooperatively with others; exercise discretion
and judgment.For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and
professional references.All positions are security-sensitive.
Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and
employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of
credentials and/or other information required by the institutions
procedures, including the completion of the criminal history
check.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
Employer committed to diversity.Texas A&M AgriLife Research is
the states premier research and technology development agency in
agriculture, natural resources, and the life sciences.
Headquartered in College Station, AgriLife Research has a statewide
presence, with scientists and research staff on other Texas A&M
University System campuses and at the 13 regional Texas A&M
AgriLife Research and Extension Centers. We conduct more than 500
projects each year, with more than $202.5 million in research
funding for fiscal year 2015. AgriLife Research helps to improve
the productivity, efficiency, and profitability of agriculture. At
the same time, we focus on conserving natural resources and
protecting the environment.Texas A&M AgriLife Research is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
Employer.If you need assistance in applying for this job, please
contact (979) 845-2423.Useful Links:
- Information for Prospective Employees
- Human Resources
- Other TAMUS Job Opportunities
- And Justice For All
Keywords: Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, College Station , Executive Assistant I, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!