Location: College Station
Posted on: January 13, 2020
The Laborer will assist the project with various assignments as
necessary. Often will work on a variety of tasks within a given
Laborer will report to general foreman and/or superintendent.
- Good attitude
- Willingness to get the job done
- Ability to use a hammer, wheelbarrow, chipping gun (air or
electric), broom, wrecking bar, sledge hammer (10#), compacting
equipment, concrete vibrator, shovel, rake, concrete moving hand
tools, pumps, hoses, power tools, air tools, t-post driver, pick
axe, chainsaw, or power washer.
- Familiar working alongside and within the vicinity of motorized
equipment. Ability to communicate with operators, workers, and
- Ability to direct and flag traffic.
- Able to work on a ladder, platform, or scaffold.
- Able to follow verbal and/or written direction.
- Able to complete tasks without constant supervision.
- Able to work at heights six feet and greater when provided
safety equipment and training.
- Familiar with the operation of small engines.
- General Labor and daily housekeeping
- Install and remove temporary protection
- Support carpenters in daily activities
- Wreck concrete forms
- Assist Carpenters in scaffolding
- Loading and Unloading of materials
- Clean occupied and soon to be occupied spaces
- Mowing and light landscaping
- Moving materials
- Support concrete finishers in daily activities.
- Must be able to work in a safe and effective manner while
helping accomplish project tasks as directed by verbal or written
communication without constant supervision.
- You may be exposed to noise, dampness, heat, cold, dust, fumes
(occasionally, but always well-ventilated), chemicals (will work
with, but normally won't work in a chemical environment) and
confined spaces (on occasion).
- 50% of day is spent standing, 50% of work is inside (usually
not air conditioned), 50%
- of work is outside.
- Temperatures range from 25-- to 1150F.
Essential Job Functions:
- You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl,
climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above
ground on scaffolds, see colors to read GHS labeling on containers,
have depth perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear
well enough to recognize the sound of horns on moving equipment and
have good finger manipulation.
- There is constant lifting of 10 pounds and under and occasional
lifting of 60 pounds. Lifting also entails reaching at, above and
below shoulder height.
- You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long
pants and four- inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety
glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety
glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, ear plugs, fall protection,
respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an EEO Employer
Keywords: SpawGlass, College Station , Laborer, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!