Executive Assistant II
Company: Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
Location: College Station
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Job TitleExecutive Assistant IIAgencyTexas A&M Agrilife
Extension ServiceDepartmentDirector, Texas Agrilife
ExtensionProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCollege
Station, TexasJob TypeStaffJob DescriptionThe Executive Assistant
II, under general supervision, performs advanced professional
assistance work for an Executive Associate Director. Maintains
high-level interactions with the campus community and assists with
highly confidential and critical academic and/or administrative
matters. Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect
to matters of significance.Responsibilities:
- Provide primary administrative support to the Executive
Associate Director. Manage the daily operations of the Executive
Associate. Assume responsibilities without supervision, use
discretion and independent judgment. Handle with strict
confidentiality all files, correspondence, legal documents and
information regarding sensitive personnel and organizational
issues, litigations, complaints, appeals and disciplinary
- In the absence of the Executive Associate Director, use
initiative to make decisions within the scope of assigned
authority. Provide responses to phone calls, incoming mail,
electronic mail and/or forward mail to other faculty members for
- Interact with offices of state and federal legislators,
government officials, chief executive officers and other state
Extension directors/administrators and their assistants, Health
Science Center partners, Healthy Texas partners and state
- Maintain electronic calendar for the Executive Associate
Director. Schedule meetings and conferences on daily basis.
Maintain monthly pending and meeting files to gather necessary
background information for upcoming events and meetings.
Knowledgeable of various associations, state and national
committees allowing prioritization of meetings and conferences that
the Executive Associate Director will attend.
- Handle all travel arrangements for the Executive Associate
Director including preparing itineraries, flight schedules, hotel
reservations, car rentals, state agency vehicle reservations, and
expense report upon completion of trip/travel.
- Review all incoming and outgoing mail. Provide pertinent
information (correspondence, reports, etc.) for incoming mail as
appropriate for the Executive Associate Director's use. Compose and
finalize correspondence as required. Sign routine correspondence on
behalf of the Executive Associate Director.
- Gather and organize information, prepare reports using Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneDrive and Teams. Create meeting
invites and promotional items.
- Assist with the development, distribution and tracking of the
agency strategic plan.
- Review contracts, grants, MOUs, MOAs, etc. prior to Executive
Associate Directors signature.
- Coordinates fiscal activities for the Executive Associate
Director including budget meetings, use of Canopy and FAMIS. Assist
with agency budget information and tracking of accounts.
- Record and process personnel action forms, fiscal forms, and
other paperwork approved by the Executive Associate Director. Serve
as assistant approver in Concur and Workday for Executive Associate
- Work closely with HR on FMLA, hiring, onboarding, offboarding,
etc. Provide leave transactions as requested by the Executive
- Arrange meetings and retreats as needed, including determining
hotel sites, meeting rooms, determining registration fees,
arranging spouse activities, etc.
- Assist with the development of organizational legislative
packets and information.
- Assist with positive marketing of the agency and work closely
with the communications team.
- Coordinate three Extension Scholarship programs.
- Provide backup to the Directors assistant. Maintain close
working relationship with other administrative faculty and their
- Maintain multiple contact lists.
- Serve on committees as directed by the Executive Associate
- Provide supervision of student(s) assigned to this office.
- Other duties as assigned.Education and Experience:-Bachelors
degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education
and experience.-Four years of related administrative
experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:-Knowledge of word
processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.-Ability to
multitask and work cooperatively with others. Interpersonal and
communication skills. Planning and organizational skills.Software
programs preferred Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Canopy,
FAMIS, Teams, and OneDrive.For consideration, you must attach a
cover letter and resume.All positions are security-sensitive.
Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and
employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of
credentials and/or other information required by the institutions
procedures, including the completion of the criminal history
check.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
Employer committed to diversity.The Texas A&M AgriLife
Extension Service is a unique education agency with a statewide
network of professional educators, trained volunteers, and county
offices. It reaches into every Texas county to address local
priority needs. Some of our major efforts are in mitigating drought
impacts; conserving water use in homes, landscapes, and production
agriculture; improving emergency management; enhancing food
security; and protecting human health through education about diet,
exercise, and disease prevention and management.Texas A&M
AgriLife Extension is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.If you need assistance in
applying for this job, please contact (979) 845-2423.Useful Links:
- Information for Prospective Employees
- Human Resources
- Other TAMUS Job Opportunities
- And Justice For All
Keywords: Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service, College Station , Executive Assistant II, Other , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!