Engineer IV, Software
Company: Invitation Homes
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Who We Are Invitation Homes is a fast-paced evolving publicly
traded REIT that is pioneering a new industry with over 80,000
single family rental homes and a market capitalization of over $25
billion. We are a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from
all walks of life. We call different communities "home," but our
shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where
possibility lives.The Senior Software Engineer will join a small,
energetic and collaborative team to help implement and expand upon
our current product offerings to our residents, as well as our
operations, marketing and leasing teams. A Senior Engineer may work
under the direction of product managers and/or project managers to
plan and estimate various software applications. The ideal
candidate has advanced knowledge to architect, develop, maintain
and troubleshoot cloud-based web and mobile applications using the
latest technologies and tools. This role will continually focus on
learning, evaluating and using the ever-changing practices and
tools of their craft to achieve corporate objectives and
priorities. A Senior Engineer will provide feedback, guidance, and
mentorship through pair programming, collaboration and effective
communication to less senior staff.What You'll Do
- Design, develop and deploy frontend and backend services with
focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Direct and assist with designing, developing, documenting,
testing, and debugging new and existing software systems and/or
- Identify and resolve defects of complex scope using proper
engineering tools and techniques such as debuggers, emulators,
simulators, and logic analyzers.
- Lead and exhibit expert technical problem solving and debugging
- Identify, develop, and advocate best practices, design
standards and procedures.
- Team player that is willing to lead the team to succeed.
- Foster a collaborative and professional team environment to
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific
analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and
consequences of design.
- Provide support and maintain existing products and add new
features as requested by customers.
- Anticipate and adapt to a changing business environment and
- Collaborate and communicate with Stakeholders, Product Owners,
Quality Assurance and other teams in an agile work environment,
including but not limited to design meetings, planning, stand ups,
- Participate regularly in Agile/Scrum activities and mentor
others to adapt the Agile way.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers by providing advice,
coaching and educational opportunities to grow their technical
skills.Who We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
from an accredited college or university or equivalent work
- At least six (6) years of work experience in software
development; 3 years as a Senior Engineer preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS and asynchronous programming.
- Advanced knowledge in Linux/Unix systems, particularly on
React) and advanced knowledge of client side web development.
- Advanced knowledge of structured query language (SQL) and
relational database concepts preferably with knowledge of
- Proficient knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Advanced knowledge of Heroku.
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD concepts and demonstratable
- Follows and advocates Agile practices and principles.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of system design, data
structures and algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary web API design (REST,
hypermedia, profiles, relations).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or
other programming languages.
- Advanced knowledge of programming domains (server architecture,
security standards, accessibility standards, database access and
usage, deployment process, user interface development, networking,
and so on).
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to articulate information in a meaningful
way to project managers and executive level staff.
- Exhibits leadership and mentoring.
- Provide logical and meaningful contributions in discussions and
- Familiarity with the Salesforce platform.
- Proven ability to perform all aspects of application
development including the coordination of others on small projects
with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Provide feedback and guidance in code reviews.Why Invitation
Homes We stand for flexibility, opportunity, and a home that people
can make their own. It's as true for our associates as it is for
our residents. Just like we help our residents live freer, we
liberate our associates' careers, too. Our associates know that at
Invitation Homes goals matter, potential is unlocked, and careers
thrive. Invitation Homes isn't just a work place it is a
possibility place. Invitation Homes offers the below to each new
- Competitive pay and an annual bonus program for all
- Generous paid time off plans including vacation accrual, sick
time, volunteer time, and standard and floating holidays
- 401k with matching company contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings
- Employee resource groups: Together with Women, Asian Alliance,
Black Collective, Juntos, Gen Next, and Open Invitation.Invitation
Homes truly is where possibility lives, pour a new foundation here!
Salary Range $98,640.00 - $170,976.00 Compensation and Benefits To
attract and retain top talent, we're pleased to offer competitive
compensation and benefits, including:
- Annual bonus program
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off plans include vacation accrual, sick
time, standard holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings (Pre- and Post-Covid) Invitation
Homes is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
diverse, inclusive and innovative environment with the best
associates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other factor
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a
disability or special need that requires accommodation, please
contact us at . To all recruitment agencies: Invitation Homes does
not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
Invitation Homes employees. Invitation Homes is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Invitation Homes, College Station , Engineer IV, Software, IT / Software / Systems , Navasota, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!