Company: Texas A&M University
Location: College Station
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job TitlePayroll ManagerAgencyTexas A&M
EngineeringDepartmentEngineering PayrollProposed Minimum
SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCollege Station, TexasJob
TypeStaffJob DescriptionThe Payroll Manager reports to the Director
of Engineering Payroll and oversees payroll tax and retirement
activities for Texas A&M Engineering, Texas A&M Engineering
Extension Service and Texas A&M Transportation Institute
including compliance with Texas A&M System, state, and federal
- Responsible for the reconciliation, preparation, and submission
of payroll tax reports and year-end reporting (W-2's) to be in
compliance with federal tax requirements.
- Oversees and assists in reconciliation, preparation, and
submission of state tax reporting as well as make payments for
three state agencies in as many as 35 states.
- Oversee compliance of retirement programs (ORP, TRS) and
supplemental retirement programs (TDA, DCP) as well as answer
employee questions regarding these plans.
- Serve as a liaison with employees concerning all payroll
matters and questions, especially in the areas related to taxes,
retirement, and annuities.
- Oversee processes and procedures for maintenance of visa and
U.S. presence information on foreign nationals into GLACIER System
as well as year-end 1042 and 1042-S Processing.
- Assist in resolving and answering employee-related problems or
questions concerning taxes, retirement plans, insurance refunds and
- Serve as backup to the payroll processing team.
- Oversees and/or prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports
for federal taxes, state and retirement programs. Supervises the
preparation of vouchers and deposits for payroll taxes, employee
benefits and other mandated employee programs. Oversee state income
tax withholding payments and monthly, quarterly and annual
reporting for three state agencies.Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of
training and experience.Required Experience:
- Five years of relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent bookkeeping, analytical, and accounting skills.All
positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
Keywords: Texas A&M University, College Station , Payroll Manager, Human Resources , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!