* Senior Assistant Manager
Location: College Station
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Senior Assistant Manager supports and executes all aspects
of operations and merchandising for their store in partnership with
the Store Manager. The Senior Assistant is responsible for driving
business results through the effective coaching of the store team.
Areas of focus include sales and profit growth, expense control,
promotional and merchandising execution, store management and team
development, and exceptional customer experience. This role is
intended to support the succession planning efforts and company
growth and the expectation is that that the Senior Assistant will
be willing, ready and able to assume the role of a Store Manager
within a 12 month timeframe should one become available.
- Leads, supports and values Customer Service in both the in
store and online shopping experience.
- Greets every customer with enthusiasm, maintains a positive,
can do attitude at all times.
- Proactively engages with customers, reads cues and responds
- Educates each customer on current promotions and merchandise
assortment to support buying decisions.
- Makes suggestions to build the customers basket that
compliments the customers choices.
- Understands and supports a caring, fun, and engaging work
environment for the team and great shopping experience for the
- Supports the companys branding at all times by treating all
customers and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner
while supporting a common goal.
- Responsible for driving profitable sales, protecting company
assets and support of the Company Handbook in support of the Store
- Understands store performance targets and monitors achievement
of benchmarks and goals.
- Uses objective business analysis to evaluate business choices
in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Observes trends and patterns to determine root causes of
problems and identify solutions.
- Responsible for networking and recruiting within the market to
ensure the store has appropriate staffing levels to support the
business and responsible for recommending sound hiring decisions to
the Store Manager.
- Builds high performing teams that can accomplish company goals,
initiatives, and priorities, and builds and sustains productive
relationships across the area or district and the industry.
- Supports an atmosphere where all team members are held
accountable for both individual and team performance.
- Ensures understanding of strategies, change initiatives,
business opportunities and communicates them in compelling ways to
their store team.
- Communicates clearly and objectively in ways that build
commitment and demonstrate support for company initiatives.
- Supports store opportunities that are consistent with company
strategies and takes action to address these opportunities.
- Executes changes in initiatives and direction appropriately and
timely in order to drive results.
- Travel occasionally to the other store locations to support as
- Champions and demonstrates a commitment to Kirklands
- May perform other job duties as needed.
- College preferred or 1-3 years of experience in a retail
- Ability to relocate for a Store Manager position
- Energetic, results oriented and competitive with a drive to
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, based upon the business
needs of the district or area.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- A valid drivers license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder to retrieve and stock
products on the shelf or to hang overhead banners/product.
- Frequently positions self to retrieve and stock products in the
stock room and sales floor and to place merchandise in bags.
- Must be able to constantly move around the store for prolonged
periods to greet and assist customers.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with the customers in
person, electronically, and telephonically.
- Must be able to frequently move merchandise that is 50 pounds
or more to and from the stock room to sales floor.
- Must be able to operate a Point of Sale system, registers and
hand held devices efficiently and accurately.Job ID: 2022-16724
External Company Name: Kirkland's, Inc. External Company URL:
www.kirklands.com Street: 1505 University Dr. East, Suite 500
Keywords: Kirkland's, College Station , * Senior Assistant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!