Pet Host (Customer Service Front Desk)
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: November 23, 2021
PetSuites has been the leader of the pack in pet resorts offering
exceptional services for both dogs and cats, ranging from boarding
and daycare to grooming and training. Our trusted team of
professionals delivers memorable experiences with personalized
service to meet the unique needs of each pet and Pet Parent in fun,
convenient, and modern spaces.Overview:
We believe in the mission of "Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers" and
we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and
Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be
someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player,
self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication
skills, and great attention to detail.This is a service-related
industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service,
but passionate about helping people. As a Pet Host, you are the
first impression for our site. The principal duties are to handle
check-in for arrival clients, handle check-out for departing
clients, make follow-up reservations for existing clients, sell
activity packages and daycare on reservations made, greet all
guests, clients, and vendors, and handle any general inquiries
about the business.
- Provide impeccable customer service by following our Service
Foundation principles. You will ensure that each customer is
treated with respect and dignity in order to develop and maintain
- Answer all incoming calls, respond to voicemails and
- Make boarding reservations; book grooming, training, and
temperament test appointments. Schedule daycare
- Manage cash, check, and credit card transactions and
- Gets to know clients and their pet's names on a regular
- Obtain all information related to a pet's visit; ensure
accuracy of all information.This includes client information as
well as pet information. Input all information into resort computer
- Interact and communicate closely with other staff to ensure
client and pet needs and concerns are understood and
- Have general knowledge of all services offered at site and be
able to provide solutions to the clients needs.
- Obtain vaccination records from veterinary offices and input
into the computer.
- Assists in managing waitlists on weekends/peak season/holidays
and ensures that rooms are utilized to maximum capacity.
- Act as liaison between veterinarian and customer/emergency
contact, keeping all parties informed of ongoing problems when
- Help initiate "white glove" treatment to our best customers,
ie. Call best customers well before peak seasons to secure
reservations before we are "sold out".
- Respond promptly and troubleshoot any customer relations
issues, keeping in mind our empowerment goals. Promptly address any
uncomfortable situations with customers
- Ensure the facility meets or exceeds expectations with regards
to cleanliness and safety.
- Notifying manager on duty or ordering when levels of inventory
are low in the following areas:
- Cleaning products for lobby areas and office supplies
- Ensure all common areas (lobby and employee spaces) are well
maintained, clean and free from hazards ie: wet floors, defecant,
- Consult with other departments
A Day In The Life:
You come to work daily with a smile on your face and excited to
help serve our pet parents and their furry friends. You'll be in
our branded gear and help run our lobby and curbside service by
greeting everyone as they come in and solving whatever their need
is - check in, check out, answering questions, booking reservations
and tailoring our service offerings to their needs. Your ultimate
goal is to find out how we can best serve the pet parent and
provide them solutions. You'll use one of your 15 hands to answer
phones, take a dog to their destination for the day, hand out some
treats or run some credit cards. You'll not only communicate with
the dog(s), but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad.
You'll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your
manager and the pet parent. And let's not forget - you're probably
going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur
on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or
any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats.
Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive,
aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the
customers' needs while following company procedures. Manages
difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance.
Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both
written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these "lifetime
- Must be able to multitask and be very detailed oriented. Must
be able to start and stop work.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting,
standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is
concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and
- Ability to take direction well and apply it
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in
distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily
fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: PetSuites, College Station , Pet Host (Customer Service Front Desk), Hospitality & Tourism , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!