Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Location: College Station
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion,
courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary
offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of
providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
To serve beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly,
courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Also,
to prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act
as cashier for the lounge.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK
* Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent
to graduation from high school or any other combination of
education, training or experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
* Experience: Bartending experience required.
* Licenses or certificates: Ability to obtain any government
required license or certificate. Example: Washington Health Card
Permit, Oregon Liquor Service Permit., FRLA Cert., TIPs, Save
Serve. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
* Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and
well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
* Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and
service of various alcoholic beverages.
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register,
make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash
drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
* Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of
requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
* Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to
make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks,
and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
* Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in
order to communicate with guests and take orders.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu
* Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to
pre-check an order and close out a check.
* Ability to work stand and work in confined spaces for long
periods of time.
* Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis.
This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine,
spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and
produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
* Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all
fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables
daily to insure product quality.
* Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and
documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks
suing standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion
* Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a
check for each guest and personnel guests, including those served
by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all
* Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies
validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are
properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
* Locks up and stores all beverages, food and other equipment
items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may
be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the
successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular
attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees
may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business
needs of the hotel and be able to work on their feet for a length
* Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with
Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient
operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules
and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
* Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning
products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested eg.,
special guest requests.
* Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor
regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and
intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
* Other duties as assigned such as assisting security with
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, College Station , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!