Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Operating Room Day
Company: Scott & White Healthcare
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 17, 2019
The Operating Room (OR) Supervisor, for Baylor Scott and White
Health (BSWH) plans, organizes, and supervises all departmental
activities involved in the effective, efficient, and economical
utilization of facilities and personnel of the Operating and
Recovery Rooms and Central Supply, ensuring patient service is
continuous and of high quality.
In addition, the OR Supervisor for BSWH has the following
- Supervises subordinate personnel to ensure professional
patient-centered nursing care, optimal patient comfort, safety and
compliance with various regulatory bodies such as OSHA, and JCAHO
and policies and procedures.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and enforces departmental
policies and procedures concerning patient care and Nursing
practice. Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities to
enhance the delivery of patient care.
- Supervises staff which includes the responsibility for, or
whose recommendations are given particular weight, for hiring,
firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and
- Oversees the proper use, repair, and replacement of equipment
and supplies in responsible areas; orders supplies and recommends
major purchases as needed.
- Monitors the cleaning, sterilization, and storage of surgical
instruments; ensures activities adhere to established sterilization
and reprocessing procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date on operating room best practices, new
medical/surgical and sterilization techniques, procedures and
products by attending various associations, organizations, and
conferences. Develops and conducts in-service programs for
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills,
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care
standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and
guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and
department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures
governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the
- Knowledge of sterilization and reprocessing
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and
patient privacy rights.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
- Ability to remain aware of operating room best practices and
new medical/surgical and sterilization techniques.
- Ability to train motivate, and supervise employees.
- Location/Facility - Baylor Scott and White Hospital- College
Station, TX For more information on the facility, please click our
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Operating Room
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time, Day Shift
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit
health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United
States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation,
collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH
stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care
organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing
personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education
and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team
is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
Graduate of an Accredited Program
3 years of experience
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Keywords: Scott & White Healthcare, College Station , Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Operating Room Day, Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!