Trinity Hospital: Registered Nurse (RN) 2N Observation/Telemetry - .9 7a
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: May 21, 2023
35871 Advocate Trinity Hospital - Med Surg: IU 2 North
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Sign On Bonus
This position is eligible for a $10,000.00 sign on bonus.
- Uses the nursing process to assess the needs of the patient,
plan and implement individualized interventions and evaluate the
effectiveness of the plan of care. Includes the patient and family
in planning and implementing care and develops and maintains a
therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
- Anticipates and recognizes significant changes in the patient's
condition, status, and need for care. Provides ongoing assessment
of the patient and takes appropriate actions when changes occur.
Anticipates and alters the plan of care as needed, mobilizes
appropriate resources, and collaborates with other health care team
members to coordinate patient centered care.
- Implements strategies to reduce patient risk and increase
patient safety. Assesses patient and family readiness to learn and
individualizes the approach as necessary. Works collaboratively to
develop strategies to meet the learning needs of the patient and
- Actively coordinates the discharge plan utilizing an
interdisciplinary approach. Applies evidence-based practice to
deliver patient care. Consistently incorporates nursing and
regulatory standards of care into practice.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient, team, and unit outcomes
and is empowered to take appropriate action when changes are
needed. Supports shared governance activities and initiatives to
improve processes and patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication, feedback, and conflict
resolution skills. Promotes collaboration among healthcare team
members. Assumes a leadership role in the care team and delegates
appropriately to unlicensed personnel.
- Promotes a culture of safety through identifying threats to
patient safety and intervening to prevent patient harm. Reports
patient safety events and near misses in a timely manner. Seeks to
identify potential safety issues and assists in the implementation
of corrective actions.
- Applies ethical decision making, demonstrates respect and
understanding for peers, and other clinical disciplines.
Participates as an effective member of the patient care team to
formulate an integrated, unbiased, individualized approach to
- Participates in quality/process improvement initiatives to
improve the functions of the department and the patient care
- Participates in professional activities which contribute to
personal professional development and the development of others.
Seeks opportunities to be taught, coached, and mentored. Attends
required meetings/educational programs and completes annual
competencies in a timely manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification
issued by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in Nursing.
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in clinical
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates progression to provide holistic patient care and
the ability to view clinical situations from a patient and family
- Demonstrates progression to recognize situational changes that
require unplanned or unanticipated interventions, and responds to
situations with confidence, timeliness and flexibility.
- Proficient computer skills, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and
- Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop
rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a
variety of patients, team members and physicians. Ability to take
initiative and work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem-solving
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to
multi-task and prioritize in an environment with frequent
- Demonstrates coordination, collaboration, delegation and team
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for
hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- May be exposed to chemical and hazardous waste as well as blood
and body fluids and communicable disease. Therefore, protective
clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine hand manipulation skills for IV insertion and
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit,
integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million
patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and
Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals. We're redefining the standard
for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative
solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and
clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for
clinical excellence in a variety of specialties. Advocate Aurora
Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health
systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more
than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28
hospitals. We're redefining the standard for care with world-class
doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes,
and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate
and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, College Station , Trinity Hospital: Registered Nurse (RN) 2N Observation/Telemetry - .9 7a, Healthcare , Trinity, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...