Registered Nurse (ER) Night-Shift, Part-Time
Company: CAPROCK EMERGENCY, LLC
Location: College Station
Posted on: March 20, 2023
REGISTERED NURSES, CapRock Health System is seeking registered
nurses to join our growing team immediately. The Registered Nurse
will be responsible for utilizing the nursing process of
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in the care of
patients of all ages and developmental stages who are experiencing
changes in the normal health process, the registered nurse
participates in the patient/family care and experience through
critical thinking, teamwork, effective communication, and nursing
knowledge and skill. He or she is responsible for accurately
completing assigned duties and conforming to policies and
procedures. The registered nurse is responsible for contributing to
the successful operations of the shift in an organized manner in
accordance with current Texas Board of Nursing standards and works
in a cooperative effort with physicians and other members of the
clinical staff to ensure effective patient care delivery and
achievement of desired patient outcomes. The registered nurse will
ensure that the highest degree of quality patient care and patient
satisfaction is maintained. - He or she provides care for patients
presenting with various types of illnesses and/or injuries with the
potential for emergency or acute care needs Position Requirements:
Education Qualifications and Credentials:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in emergency room care
- Successful completion of an accredited registered nursing
- Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse License in
the State of Texas.
- Current certification in BLS, ACLS and PALS are required.
- Other experience in critical care setting preferred. Essential
- Provides patient-focused nursing care of the acutely ill or
injured patient. Utilizes the core nursing process of assessing,
planning, implementing, and evaluating and correlating accurate
documentation to reflect the course of treatment.
- Ensures patient care is holistic, compassionate and meets both
the clinical and spiritual/emotional needs of the patient.
- Triages and prioritizes patient care (physical and
psychosocial) based on acuity level and available resources.
Implements the care plan and monitors, records and communicates
patient condition as appropriate. Anticipates patient needs and
physician orders, based on the patient's chief complaint and
presenting signs and symptoms. Applies assessment skills to
recognize critical care needs. Acts with a sense of urgency, when
appropriate. Documents patient care accurately and timely.
- Promotes safety initiatives and follows safety requirements and
environment of care by adhering to safety policies, regulatory
standards, and infection control policies/guidelines. - Examples;
fall prevention, proper us of equipment, and utilization of two
patient identifiers before any procedure, treatment, exam. Applies
proper technique and safe practice while performing diagnostic
testing. - Reports safety violations, work injuries, or work
hazards to supervisor and/or administration. - Participates in
shift to shift safety huddles and quality improvement
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines to provide
well-coordinated patient care. Promotes a positive attitude for
good interpersonal, interdepartmental, and inter-facility
relationships. Shows consideration for and maintains good relations
with others. Ensures assignments delegated to another team member
are within his/her scope of practice, competency, and level of
licensure, communicating needs in a clear and concise manner.
Assures delegated tasks are completed and accurate.
- Performs essential job functions within his/her scope of
practice and maintains awareness of and adheres to current policies
and procedures set forth by CapRock as well as other regulatory
guidelines set forth by entities including but not limited to The
Texas Department of State Health Services, Board of Nurse Examiners
and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Adheres to established laboratory procedures and follows
established safety guidelines for working in the laboratory.
Processes specimens according to written Laboratory procedures,
reporting results and filing paperwork accordingly.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Internally inspired to
perform to the best of their ability using his/her own drive or
- Facilitates patient transfer and discharge, ensuring the
patient's safety, appropriate communication and documentation as
per company policy and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrates a solution-driven attitude. Participates in the
development of departmental policies & procedures as well as
related documentation by offering recommendations that aligns with
current trends in emergency care, represents current standards of
care, and supports the focus of CapRock to provide family-friendly,
compassionate care with little-to-no wait.
- Attends 80% of unit meetings remaining abreast of current
departmental, facility, and organizational goals. Assists in the
dissemination of information as needed to other team members.
- Participates in staff assessment and performance evaluations as
requested. Fosters a positive environment conducive to staff
development. Cultivates team members by assisting with competency
and training as well as promoting ongoing staff education.
- Participates in ongoing professional development; completing
all educational requirements set for by nursing and other
- Models professionalism and customer service to patients,
family, community, staff and physicians consistent with the mission
and values of CapRock Health System.
- Ensures that all equipment is in proper working order and
reports defects and/or deficiencies to their supervisor. -
Troubleshoots errors and malfunctioning of equipment, when
appropriate. - Effectively communicates with teammates and
physicians to ensure timeliness of procedures, exams, tests,
- Maintains appropriate and correct entries into applicable
clinical logs and records as required by regulatory, accrediting
body and/or policy and procedure.
- Assists with operational duties such as but not limited to; the
cleaning of the facility to ensure a safe and sanitary work
environment and compliance with infection control policy and
procedures; working with others to maintain adequate par levels of
supplies and medications; monitor and remove expired supplies and
medications, ensures equipment is in working condition and
available when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company related
issues. - Ensures compliance with HIPAA rule and standards as
applicable to patient medical records, patient care, and diagnostic
testing to include but not limited to patient medical records,
exams, test results and other protected health information
- Works in cooperation with other administrative and facility
staff to ensure overall departmental compliance both directly and
indirectly related to quality assurance; risk management and life
safety are applied to patient care and employee safety.
- Diligently executes other duties as assigned. Knowledge,
Abilities, and Skills:
- Maintains composure when confronted with job stress or
emergency situations and a can adapt to changing environments, be
innovative, and be dependable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills,
ability to prioritize responsibilities based on critical thinking
skills. Self-motivated and able to problem solve and follow through
to achieve high quality outcomes. -
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Work with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Physical Demands: The physical demands below are typical of those
that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may
be available for individuals with disabilities.
- Employee is regularly required to hear and speak; is frequently
required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, reach with hands
and arms, lift and move more than 10 lbs.;
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and move objects up
to 25 lbs., climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. -
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision or accommodations, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Required to
constantly make decisions and concentrate.
- Ability to work with and around potentially hazardous materials
and disease. Position Location(s): The positions will serve at both
the Bryan Hospital and the College Station 24-Hour Emergency
facilities. Position Benefits: CapRock Health System offers:
- Competitive pay
- Low patient to nurse ratios
- Embroidered scrubs To Apply: To apply, please fill out the form
Keywords: CAPROCK EMERGENCY, LLC, College Station , Registered Nurse (ER) Night-Shift, Part-Time, Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...