Company: Retina Consultants of Houston
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an individual will
be responsible for the efficiency and success of daily clinical
operations related to a patient-centric experience. Clinic Manager
is responsible for monitoring patient-flow, productivity,
efficiencies and needs of the providers and clinical team while
delivering quality medical eye care services. This position will
support our Brenham, Lufkin, and Livingston clinics. This includes
ensuring all patient testing is appropriately scheduled, performed
and documented. The clinic manager will work exclusively within the
EMR system (MDI and NextGen) supporting the providers as they
interact with the patient.The clinic manager must be able to
support our travel team to Brenham, Livingston, and Lufkin. This
includes a variable work schedule with advanced notice. Schedules
are provided weekly and are based on the physician's clinic,
patient and surgery schedules. RCTX offers the following
competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition ProgramRCTX is one of the largest and
most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United
States, dedicated to preserving vision for patients throughout the
state. RCTX has three certified research centers and is one of the
leading sites for retinal research in the country. All Retina
Consultants of Texas physicians are board-certified by the American
Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and
surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula. In addition, RCTX has
both uveitis and ocular oncology specialty divisions, which focus
on inflammation and cancer treatments of the eye. Our surgeons have
studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and
all have graduated at the top of their classes.RCTX follows all CDC
and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being
of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
- Direct supervision of administrative and clinical staff at the
- Ensure clinic is properly equipped and maintained to set
- Verify patient referrals, authorizations and approvals are
current in support of the patient experience and delivery of
- Implement team-based environment for stronger communications
- Optimize strengths within operations for more efficient and
- Identify and deliver educational growth and cross training
opportunities for team members
- Oversee clinic flow based on patient volume to staff
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, disciplinary action,
and performance reviews of technical personnel under supervision of
- Partners with the Clinic Training Coordinator to develop and
maintain a training program for clinical staff, including the
immediate supervision of untrained assistants.
- Appropriately schedules clinic staff in accordance with clinic
needs; approves time off requests for clinic staff as
- Organizes and conducts regular meetings of clinic staff;
participates in regular management team meetings.
- Consults with Director of Clinical of Operations, HR, or
Regional Clinic Manager regarding employee relations problems and
interpretation of policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Maintains a smooth flow of patients to the physician, altering
the test sequence as required. Performs patient work-ups and
diagnostic testing as required to assist with patient flow.
- Answers patient questions and telephone inquiries, including
but not limited to, attaining resolution to patient problems.
- Ensures all clinic equipment is functioning properly; requests
repairs and maintenance, as needed.
- Maintains inventory levels; orders all clinical supplies.
- Understands and executes OSHA policies and procedures as
- Performs on-call duties on a rotating basis
- Performs other tasks as required.Skills/Competencies:
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding ophthalmic
- Certification OSC, COA, COT or COMT preferred
- Employee management and leadership experience preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Practice Management
platforms, preferably NexTech, Phresia, NextGen
- Understanding of ICD-10
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making,
detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work well in a team dynamic as well as
- Demonstrated skills in motivating and training professional
- Strong organization with attention to detail.Education
- High School diploma required
- College degree preferred.
- Certified as ophthalmic technician or medical
- Two - Five years experience in clinical operations.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferredPhysical Abilities:
- Must be able to move frequently from standing and sitting
depending on exam room configuration during clinic sessions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to type or write legibly in a dimly-lit
- Must be able to hear softly spoken words.
- Must be able to add support for patients getting in and out of
- Lifting required up to 50 pounds.ID: 2022-1530 External Company
URL: https://www.houstonretina.com/ Street: Bluebonnet Center 2620
HWY 36 South
Keywords: Retina Consultants of Houston, College Station , Clinic Manager, Healthcare , Brenham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!