Part Time Employee Health LVN College Station
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Employee Health Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) promotes health
and safety to all employees by facilitating an Employee Health
Program which includes disease detection, prevention, and
treatment; following up on employee occupational exposures;
conducting employee health screenings, vaccinations; and promoting
a safe work environment.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure completion of all
health screenings, including new hire and annual employee health
screenings to include health history, immunizations update, and
brief physical assessment.
* Refers employees with identifiable limitations and/or health
risks to appropriate resources.
* Serves as customer support to staff by responding to all
questions and/or concerns regarding employee health.
* Conducts employee health programs such as immunizations, as well
as Flu campaign and TB screening for all new employees, all other
employees, and volunteers.
* Completes annual fit-testing/PAPR training for all designated
* Provides for and manages employee exposures. Conducts follow-up
testing for occupational exposures such as Hep B, Hep C, HIV and TB
* Documents, tracks and analyzes employee occupational exposures to
identify safety and health issues. Conducts surveillance and
follow-up of employee exposures to communicable diseases.
* Provides health education and guidance to staff through training
and educational materials. Plans, implements and conducts annual TB
and blood borne pathogen training to employees as required.
* Manages confidential employee medical records and authorized
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
* Knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques used
in the assessment, care and treatment of patients.
* Skill in providing high quality, efficient and cost-effective
acute care, new hire screening, immunizations, screenings, and
health and wellness education to employees.
* Skills in primary prevention of injury or disease.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to use critical thinking and experience to conduct a
range of risk and health assessments.
* Ability to plan, implement, conduct, and improve upon employee
health programs and wellness services.
* Ability to document, track and analyze employee occupational
exposures to identify safety and health issues.
* Ability to deal with health and safety risks as they arise.
* Ability to remain calm and think clearly in emergency
* Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
* MAJOR - Nursing
* EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
*- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -*
* Basic Life Support (BLS)
* License Pract/Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, College Station , Part Time Employee Health LVN College Station, Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!