Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Wynne Unit
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: May 11, 2022
The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the
healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile
Justice Department (TJJD).
To provide direct nursing care to an assigned group of patients and
performs nursing procedures within the scope of their education and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides direct nursing care to assigned patients.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating the nursing care given.
- Performs admission, discharge, and transfer
- Using the nursing plan of care in daily assignments, able to
review and, under supervision, modify the plan of care.
- Demonstrates ability to observe and record the signs, symptoms,
and behaviors including the3 physiological status of patients,
presents proposed revision of interventions, and desired
- Delivers the designated nursing interventions to assigned
patients that are consistent with the state medical plan of
- Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff of changes in
patient status; recognizes patient care priorities,
multidisciplinary treatment plans, and potential patient care
- Follows physician's orders in the deliver of nursing
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information
and records at all times.
- Safely and properly administers medications and
- Executes written physician's orders for assigned
- Assembles equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or
treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or
assists others with procedures or treatments.
- Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures,
and aseptic techniques in the deliver of patient care.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structures.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard patient care supplies, equipment and mechanical
Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile detention
center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment drug testing
is also required.
High school or equivalent. Graduation from a Licensed Vocational
Nurse Program and current license/permit as a vocational nurse in
the State of Texas. No experience required.
Current BLS-HP required.
Salary is commensurate with years of relevant work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRRA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, College Station , Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Wynne Unit, Healthcare , Huntsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!