Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 8, 2022
The Pharmacist Intern, with an emphasis on learning, works under
the supervision and direction of a Pharmacist to provide
pharmaceutical care to patients by assisting in the compounding and
dispensing of medications and other pharmaceuticals in accordance
with federal, state and local regulations and hospital policy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, performs designated
technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation,
labeling and dispensing of medications, including sterile
admixtures and prepackaged or unit-dose drugs.
- Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, compounds or admixes
ingredients appropriately, including IV admixtures, small and large
volume solutions, syringes and irrigation solutions in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Determines the appropriate formula for drug to be compounded,
weighing and measuring needed amounts with 100% accuracy.
- Prepares parenteral nutrition solutions and labels them
- Enters medication orders from doctors' order
sheets/prescriptions and fill according to label, ensuring that the
correct product is dispensed and that the dosage form and charge
quantity are in accordance with formulary; enters correct billing
- Performs delivery and stocking duties to ensure proper drug
- Delivers medication appropriately to patients, and delivers
delivery carts to floors daily.
- Packages medication in proper amount and containers, labeling
the drug and log book appropriately.
- Assists in maintaining pharmacy drug stock by regularly
checking for products that are outdated and/or low in inventory
level; communicates immediately with the pharmacist when inventory
levels are low, and assists with drug purchasing and inventory
control in an appropriate manner as needed.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities, terminology,
pharmaceutical calculations, terminology, drug use and aseptic
techniques, standards, and equipment.
- Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and
dispensing of prescription medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control,
environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all
- Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients and staff.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and regulatory
- Must have completed 30 credit hours of work towards a
professional degree in pharmacy.
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to: typing,
information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held
scanning and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- MAJOR - Pharmacy
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Pharmacist (RPH), Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT): Pharmacist Intern
or Pharmacist license issued by Texas State Board of
- Must be currently pursing a Bachelors degree with a major in
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, College Station , Pharmacist Intern, Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!