House Supervisor RN 12-20k Sign on Bonus
Company: Huntsville Memorial Hospital
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionUnder general supervision of the Chief Nursing
Officer, the House Supervisor is responsible for the allocation and
assignment of nursing staff during the shift to provide for safe
patient care. Serves as a resource for staff, physicians, patients,
families and visitors. Provides administrative continuity for
information shared, actions taken and outcomes reported. Serves as
a patient advocate and an administrative resource during the shift
for directing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating activities
within the hospital and the care provided within clinical areas.
Serves in a consultative capacity to ensure that care meets legal,
ethical, institutional and professional standards. Adheres to the
philosophy, policies and procedures of the department and
- Collaborates with Staffing Coordinator and Nurse Managers to
plan staffing for next shift according to nursing care and
standards. Justifies in writing to the Chief Nursing Officer
deviation from standards.
- Adjusts daily schedule for illness, emergency or census influx.
Documents all sick calls, tardiness, absenteeism, and problems with
dress code. Keep "on call" list and "call in extra" list accurate
and updated. Functions in the staff role if all other resources
- Assists with patient care in all areas, as required. Assumes
responsibility for ER when ER staff absent.
- Evaluate quality of nursing care in all areas, making patient
rounds as able. Assume responsibility for staff performance during
the shift, participate in in-service planning and presentation
during the shift as appropriate. Serve as nursing resource person
to staff, available and willing to teach as need arises. Act as
nursing staff representative to physicians.
- Documents details of potential disciplinary/behavior problems
and sends information to appropriate director/manager and/or Chief
Nursing Officer. Provides feedback and input for employee
performance evaluations through anecdotal note documentation of
both positive and negative observations.
- Supervise staff in maintaining adequate drug records; initiate
action to correct errors in narcotic count.
- Oversee crash cart checks and documentation. Stock crash carts
daily as appropriate. Assume responsibility for supply management;
carry stock room keys.
- Responds to all emergencies and resuscitation. Assumes team
leader responsibility during resuscitation unless ER, ICU, or OB
charge nurse is already performing in that role.
- Serves as a liaison between Administrator-On-Call and external
agencies; consulting with Nurse Manager/Director or other
Administrative representative concerning matters that require
immediate attention beyond their scope of authority.
- Communicates pertinent information to on-coming house
supervisor/nurse manager and Chief Nursing Officer/AOC as
appropriate. Reads and documents in Supervisor's Communication Book
to assure passage of accurate and current information to all
- Responds to patient/family complaints, physician complaints and
employee conflicts and provide resolution. Initiate incident
reports when indicated with follow-up with the nurse
manager/director, and Chief Nursing Officer as appropriate.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to HMH policies
and procedures. Support administrative and nurse manager/director
decisions and policies. Follows proper chain of command.
- Oversees admissions, transfers and discharges during shift.
Acts as the hospital incoming transfer center. Assigns hospital
beds based upon bed availability balancing with direct admits,
hospital procedures and ER admissions. Follows up in ER on admitted
patients to ensure that they are moved swiftly onto the floors.
Consistently monitors Bed Watch in conjunction with EVS to
efficiently place patients in beds.
- Adheres to and ensures compliance with infection prevention
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient rights, including
those pertaining to confidentiality, informed consent and privacy.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing
evaluation of programs, process improvement, and desired
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, competence
validation; supports goals which contribute to the success of the
organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less
- Actively participates in survey readiness activities and
assures compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Functions competently in the staff role as necessary. Utilizes
the nursing process to assess, plan, provide, document and evaluate
care.RequirementsEducation: Graduate of a school of professional
nursing required, BSN preferred.Experience: Three years of clinical
nursing experience and one year of Charge RN experience
preferred.Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a
Registered Nurse in the State of Texas, or immediately eligible.
Basic Life Support certification required within 60 days of
employment required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications within 90 days of
employment required. TNCC and NRP preferred.Required Skills:
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication,
organizational and leadership skills. Ability to perform
effectively in highly stressful situations, work well in fast paced
environment, and function independently.Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: Huntsville Memorial Hospital, College Station , House Supervisor RN 12-20k Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Huntsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!