Speech Language Pathology 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 5, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Speech Language Pathologist 1 plans and
administers speech language pathology services including
evaluation, treatment and education programs for patients to
restore speech, language and swallowing abilities.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- PATIENT CARE: Evaluates, treats and monitors patient within the
speech pathology treatment plan. Modifies therapy program and
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Performs thorough and concise clinical
documentation in a timely manner. Enters charges accurately.
Understands reimbursement related to practice setting.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with patients and
families, departmental coworkers, and members of the medical care
team. Provides education to patients, family and staff.
- CLINICAL SUPERVISION: Supervises students and volunteers.
Clinical fellowship mentors and those in their clinical fellowship
period will follow the American Speech Language Hearing Association
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Advances clinical skills through
ongoing education, literature review and implementation of evidence
based practice. Shares knowledge to develop the clinical skills of
colleagues. Adheres to organizational, national, and state
- ORGANIZATIONAL FOCUS: Maintains awareness of system goals.
Aligns individual goals and work activities to support or impact
the system goals.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must have completed Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal relation skills to include
excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate competency in assigned areas as specified for
- Exhibits strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills
with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of
excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians
- Possesses proficient computer knowledge; operates multiple
computer systems and standard Rehabilitation equipment.
- High attention to detail in fast paced and dynamic
- Ability to multitask effectively while maintaining a high level
of productivity.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Masters'
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience-
- Speech Language Pathlogist (SLP)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, College Station , Speech Language Pathology 1, Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!