Respiratory Therapist Reg FT Nights 15K Bonus
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: College Station
Posted on: January 13, 2022
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST - SIGN-ON-BONUS 15,000
The Registered Respiratory Therapist has advanced knowledge and
training of the cardiopulmonary system that is used to manage and
treat patients. Therapists will use different scientific
principles, therapies, and techniques to optimize patient care and
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs and directs the administration of respiratory care
services (including but not limited to oxygen therapy, aerosol
therapy, inhaled medication, airway clearance, invasive and
non-invasive ventilation and bedside spirometry), as ordered by a
patients attending physician, in a quality manner that is in
accordance with established procedures. Administers cardiopulmonary
resuscitation in emergency situations.
- Reviews physician's orders, analyzes patient's diagnostic test
results and provides appropriate therapy based on the patients
current clinical condition. If appropriate, implements approved
protocols as directed by physician.
- Performs routine and advanced respiratory therapy; prioritizing
patient needs in a rapidly changing environment.
- Instructs patient in the use of various respiratory care
equipment in a thorough and professional manner. Assesses patient
response to therapy and coaches the patient to improve
- Documents all treatments and therapies given, any supplies
used, and accurately files all corresponding charges. Reports
outcomes of therapeutic interventions and makes recommendations as
- Adheres to established policies including but not limited to:
infection control and isolation policies, HIPAA, time and
attendance, and social media.
- Works willingly and professionally with other employees,
healthcare professionals, and students.
- Takes responsibility and initiative to understand and complete
any professional or technical requirements set by leadership.
- Incorporates principles continuous quality improvement in all
of aspects of clinical care, identifying opportunities as
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General understanding of Respiratory Care modalities,
therapies, equipment and medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: typing,
information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held
scanning and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS
Education: Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the
Experience: Less than 1 Year of Experience
Certification/License/Registration: Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS
in 30 days of hire or transfer. Respiratory Care Practitioner
(RCP): Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a
Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP). Registered Respiratory Therapi
(RRT): Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National
Board Respiratory Care.Facility / Location: Scott & White College
Station, TexasDepartment / Shift: Respiratory Therapy - FT Night
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, College Station , Respiratory Therapist Reg FT Nights 15K Bonus, Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!